Faculty Research Interests
Barbara Frederick, Ph.D. is an assistant professor in the Division of Radiation and Cancer Biology. Her research interests are:
- Developing biomarkers to predict patient response to targeted agents and radiation therapy
- Sequencing combinations of targeted agents and radiation
- Induction of miRNAs by radiation
- Epigenetic events that drive tumor progression
David Raben, M.D. is a Professor of Radiation Oncology and has worked primarily on new drugs that interfere with specific parts of the cancer cell signaling process to enhance radiation therapy. His focus has been on patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer, lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. He is a principal investigator on multiple clinical trials that have brought some of these new drugs into the clinical arena on both a local and national level.
Brian Kavanagh, MD, MPH is a Professor and Vice Chairman of Dept of Radiation Oncology. He has been involved in a number of clinical-translational projects including studies on the application of efaproxiral as an enhancer of radiotherapy, investigations of the clinical and biological effects of stereotactic body radiation therapy, and early phase clinical trials involving the combination of radiation therapy with new systemic agents.”
Education and Training Opportunities.
We provide research and training opportunities to the following categories of students:
- Residents who are interested in various short to mid-term (4-12 months) research projects.
- Postdoctoral research fellows supported by federal or industry grants or fellowships.
- Graduate students enrolled in various UCD graduate study programs.
- Summer research opportunities for medical students and undergraduate students.
Course offered: The Biological Basis of Radiotherapy, open to residents, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students. Please get in touch with Dr. Barbara Fredrick for course information.
Location: RC-1 south, 4th floor.
Dr. Barbara Frederick
Tel: (303) 724-3027
Dr. David Raben
Tel : (720)-848-0154
Dr. Brian Kavanagh
Tel: (720) 848-0154