A position for one new resident is available starting July 1, 2020 at the University of Colorado Department of Radiation Oncology.
Applications are accepted solely through the Medical Physics Residency
Application Program (MP-RAP
) until the deadline. We participate in the
MedPhys Match. Applications requiring visas will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Every application is thoroughly reviewed by the Program Director
and at least 3 other members of the Medical Physics Residency Education
Committee. Invitations for phone interviews are sent to selected
individuals 1-3 weeks after the application deadline. After phone
interviews are conducted, invitations for on-site interviews are sent to
The on-site interview is a great time for our department to get to
know the candidate, and for the candidate to get to know our
department. Candidates will meet with physics faculty, physician
faculty, current residents, and the dosimetry team. An example on-site
interview schedule can be found here
On the last day of the interviews, all interviewers meet to
collectively generate the final rank order list, which will be submitted
to the MedPhys Match Program
. We are committed to the Match and will
fill our residency position through this program.
A) Graduated, or expect to graduate, from a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program
- Undergraduate degree in physics or at least 3 upper-division physics courses
- M.S. or Ph.D. in medical physics or related field
- Applicants must have either:
B) Posses a Ph.D. in physics or related discipline and have a completed, or expect to complete, a
CAMPEP-accredited certificate program.
C) Individuals with other qualifications who have completed coursework that satisfies the CAMPEP
standards for graduate education may be considered in exceptional circumstances at the
discretion of the program director.
- The resident must be able to start on the official start date
- All requirements needed to start our program must be completed prior to the start date (including minimum required degrees, coursework, visa needs, and university new hire policies)
- Completion of application through the MP-RAP
- Participation in the MedPhys Match
December 8, 2019 Application Deadline
December 19 and 20, 2019 Phone Interviews
January 31 and February 4, 2020 On-Site Interviews
for our interview dates alongside the dates for other programs in the region.