1. Kucera LS, Raben D, Iyer N, Ricardo MI. Herpes Simplex Virus Type II Infection of Unstimulated Human T lymphocytes. Viral Immunol 2:11-16, 1989.
2. Benveniste RE, Raben D, Hill RW, Knott WB, Drummond JE, Arthur LO, Jahrling PB, Morton WR, Henderson LE, Heidecker G. Molecular Characterization and Comparison of SIV Isolates from Macaques, Mangabeys and African Green Monkeys. J Med Primatial 18:287-303, 1989.
3. Kucera LS, Leak EV, Raben D, Iyer N, Heise E. Herpes Virus Activation of HIV-2 in Human T-lymphocytes. Aids Research and Human Retrovirus 6(5):641-647, 1990.
4. Raben D, Williams J, Abrams RA. The Clinical use of Multimodality Therapy in the Management of Cancer. In Vivo 8:635-642, 1994
5. Raben D, Buchsbaum DJ, Khazaeli MB, Rosenfeld ME, Gillespie GY, Grizzle WE, Liu T, Curiel DT. Enhancement of Radiolabeled Antibody Binding and Tumor Localization through Adenoviral Transduction of the Human Carcinoembryonic Antigen Gene. Gene Therapy 3:567-580, 1996.
6. Buchsbaum, DJ, Raben, D, Stackhouse MA, Khazaeli MB, Rogers BE, Rosenfeld ME, Liu T, Curiel DT. Approaches to Enhance Cancer Radiotherapy Employing Gene Transfer Methods. Gene Therapy 3:1042-68, 1996.
7. Vickers SM, Rosenfeld M, Raben D, Sampson L. In Vitro Molecular Chemotherapy for Pancreatic Cancer. Hep Biliary Assoc. Volume II:1163-1167, 1996.
8. Rosenfeld ME, Vickers SM, Raben D, Wang M, Sampson L, Feng M, Jaffe E, Curiel DT. Pancreatic Carcinoma Cell Killing via Adenoviral Mediated Delivery of the Herpes Simplex Virus Thymidine Kinase Gene. Annals of Surgery, 225(5):609-618, 1997.
9. Rosenfeld ME, Rogers BE, Khazaeli MB, Mikheeva G, Raben D, Liu T, Curiel DT, Buchsbaum DJ. Adenoviral Mediated Delivery of Gastrin Releasing Peptide Receptor Results in Specific Tumor Localization of a Bombesin Analogue In Vivo. Clinical Cancer Research 3:1187-1194, 1997.
10. Miller R, Buchsbaum D, Reynolds P, Douglas J, Gilespie G, Mayo M, Raben D, Curiel D. Differential Susceptibility of Primary and Established Human Glioma Cells to Adenovirus Infection: Targeting Via the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Achieves Fiber Receptor-Independent Gene Transfer. Cancer Research, 58, 5738-5748. December 15, 1998.
11. Robert F, Raben D, Spencer S. UFT/oral Calcium Folinate plus Radiation in Pancreatic Cancer. Oncology (Huntingt) Jul; 13(7Suppl 3):127-8, 1999.
12. Tincher SA, Kim RY, Ezekiel MP, Zinsli T, Fiveash J, Raben D, Bueschen JB, Urban DA. Effects of Pelvic Rotation and Needle Angle on Pubic Arch Interference during Transperineal Prostate Implants. Int. J. Radiation Oncology Biol. Phys., Vol. 47, No. 2, pp-361-363, May 2000.
13. Childs H, Spencer SA, Raben D, Bonner JA, Newsome J, Robert F. A Phase I study of Combined UFT Plus Leucovorin and Radiotherapy for Pancreatic Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000 Jul 1; 47(4):939-44.
14. Childs H, Cole T, Falkenberg E, Smith TJ, Alonso JE, Stannard JP, Spencer SA, Fiveash J, Raben D, Bonner JA, Westfall AO, Kim RY: A Prospective Evaluation of the Timing of Post-Operative Radiotherapy for Preventing Heterotopic Ossification Following Traumatic Acetabular Fractures. Int. J. Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Jul 15; 47(5):1347-52, 2000
15. Saltz L, Raben D, et al, Rectal Cancer: Presentation with Metastatic and Locally Advanced Disease, American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology ACR Appropriateness Criteria ™, Radiology; 215 (suppl), 2000.
16. Madhu J, Merrick S, Coia L, Minsky B, Bader J, Janjan N, Raben D., et al, Anal Cancer, American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology ACR Appropriateness Criteria ™, Radiology; 215 (suppl), 2000.
17. Tepper J, Bader J, Janjan N, Minsky B, Coia L, Madhu J, Merrick S, Raben D, et al, Locally Unresectable Rectal Cancer, American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology ACR Appropriateness Criteria ™, Radiology ;215 (suppl), 2000.
18. Rich T, Ota D, Rosenthal S, Minsky B, Bader J, Coia L, Janjan N, Madhu J, Merrick G, Raben D, et al, Management of Resectable Rectal Cancer, American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology ACR Appropriateness Criteria ™, Radiology; 215 (suppl), 2000.
19. Gibbs P, Robinson W, Pearlman N, Raben D, Walsh, P, Gonzalez R, Management of Primary Cutaneous Melanoma of the Head and Neck: The University of Colorado Experience and a Review of the Literature. Journal of Surgical Oncology; 77:179-185, 2001.
20. Raben, D, Helfrich B, Chan D, et al, ZD1839, a Selective Epidermal Growth factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor, Alone and in Combination With Radiation and Chemotherapy as a New Therapeutic Strategy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Seminars in Oncology, Vol. 29, No 1, Suppl 4 (February); pp37-46, 2002.
21. Raben D, Giampaolo T, Ciardiello F. EGFR-targeted therapies as radiosensitizers: an exciting new partnership. Signal 3 (3): 20-23, September 2002.
22. Bianco C, Tortora G, Bianco R, Caputo R1, Veneziani BM, Caputo R, Damiano V, Troiani T, Fontanini G, Raben D, Pepe S, Bianco AR, and Ciardiello F. Enhancement of Antitumor Activity of Ionizing Radiation by Combined Treatment with the Selective Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor-Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor ZD1839 (Iressa). Clinical Cancer Research, 8: 3250-3258, 2002.
23. Raben D, Bianco C, Helfrich B, Weng E, Tortora G, Ciardiello F, Harari P, Interference with Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling: Paradigm For Improving Radiation Response in Cancer Treatment. Expert Review of Anti-Cancer Therapy; 2(4) 461-471, 2002.
24. Di Lorenzo G, Riccardo A, Ciardiello F, Raben D, Bianco C, et al., External beam radiotherapy in bone metastatic prostate cancer: impact on patients’ pain relief and quality of life. Oncology Reports., 10:399-404, 2003.
25. Raben D, Helfrich B, Ciardiello F, Bunn PA. Understanding the mechanisms of action of EGFR inhibitors in NSCLC: what we know and what we do not know.
Lung Cancer. Aug;41 Suppl 1:S15-22, 2003.
26. Okunieff P, Meyn RE, Teicher BA, Thomas CR Jr, Gaspar LE, Raben D, et al. Report from the Radiation Oncology Committee of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG): Research Objectives Workshop 2003. Am J Clin Oncol. Oct;26(5):522-9, 2003.
27. Raben D, Bianco C, Milas L, Ang KK. Targeted therapies and radiation for the treatment of head and neck cancer: are we making progress? Semin Radiat Oncol. Apr;14(2):139-52, 2004.
28. Raben D, Helfrich B, Bunn PA Jr. Targeted therapies for non-small-cell lung cancer: biology, rationale, and preclinical results from a radiation oncology perspective. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 59(2 Suppl):27-38, 2004.
29. Raben D, Bianco C, Damiano V, et al. Antitumor Activity of ZD6126, a Novel Vascular-Targeting Agent, is Enhanced When Combined With ZD1839 (gefitinib, Iressa™) an Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor (EGFR-TKI) and Potentiates the Effects of Radiation in a Human Non-Small cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Xenograft Model. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. Aug; 3(8): 977-83, 2004.
30. Raben D., Helfrich B. Angiogenesis inhibitors– A rationale strategy for radiosensitization in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer? Clinical Lung Cancer Jul;6(1):48-57, 2004
31. Raben D, Chen C, Troiani T and Weng E. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (EGFR-TKIs) in the Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer – The Next Step. Signal Vol.5 (2) 2004.
32. Song J, Chen C, Raben D. The Emerging Role of EGFR-Targeted Therapies and Radiation in Cancer of the Head and Neck. Oncology (Huntingt). Dec;18(14):1757-67; discussion 1767, 1771-2, 1777, 2004.
33. Raben D, Helfrich B, Chan D, Ciardiello F, et al. The In Vitro and In Vivo Effects of an Anti-Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Monoclonal Antibody (Cetuximab, C225) Alone and in Combination with Radiation and/or Chemotherapy in Lung Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. Jan 15;11(2 Pt 1):795-805, 2005.
34. Gridelli C, Maione P, Ciardiello F, Rossi A and Raben D. Treatment of locally advanced non small cell lung cancer in the elderly. Curr Opin Oncol. Mar;17(2):130-134, 2005.
35. Ding M, Newman F and Raben D. New radiation therapy techniques for the treatment of head and neck cancer. Otolaryngol Clin North Am.2005, Apr; 38(2), 371-95 (Review)
36. Damiano V, Melisi D, Bianco C, Raben D, et al., Cooperative Antitumor Effect of Multitargeted Kinase Inhibitor ZD6474 and Ionizing Radiation in Glioblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. Aug;11(15):5639-5644, 2005.
37. Raben D and Ryan A. Vascular Targeting Agents With And Without Radiation Therapy In Lung Cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2005 Nov;7(3):175-9.
38. Rabinovitch R, Eldridge B, Berkey B, Raben D, Ang KK, Fu K. The impact of baseline nutritional support on treatment outcome in patients with locally advanced squamous cell cancer of the head and neck treated with definitive radiotherapy: report of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) Trial 90-03. Head Neck. 2006 Apr;28(4):287-96.
39. Frederick B, Gustafson D, Bianco C, Ciardiello F, Dimery I and Raben D. ZD6474, an Example of a Dual EGFR and VEGFR Inhibitor: Its Effects Alone and In Combination with Radiation Therapy – An Assessment of Pre-Clinical and Clinical Investigations. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006 Jan 1;64(1):33-7.
40. Bonner JA, Harari PM, Giralt J, Azarnia N, Shin DM, Cohen RB., Jones CU, Sur R, Raben D, et al. Cetuximab plus radiotherapy for patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer. N Engl J Med. 2006 Feb 9;354(6):567-78.
41. Ballonoff A, Chen C and Raben D. Current radiation therapy management issues in oral cavity cancer. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2006 Apr;39(2):365-80.
42. Rothschild B, Shim AH, Irb KB, Hea JA, Garcia M, Sacks PG, Frederick B, Raben D, and Weed SA. Cortactin Overexpression Regulates Arp2/3 Complex Activity, Motility and Invasion in Carcinomas with Chromosome 11q13 Amplification. Cancer Res. 2006 Aug 15;66(16):8017-25.
43. Lewis KD, Dollarhide S, Fitzpatrick JE, Gonzalez R, High WA, McCarter MD, Olsen C, Raben D. Metastatic malignant melanoma from an unknown primary presenting as a large axillary mass. Oncology (Williston Park). 2006 Jun; 20(7):763-70.
44. Kavanagh BD, Schefter TE, Cardenes HR, Stieber VW, Raben D, et al. Interim analysis of a prospective phase I/II trial of SBRT for liver metastases. Acta Oncol. 2006;45(7):848-55.
45. Kavanagh BD, Raben D. Toward a unified target theory in oncology. Future Oncol. 2006 Aug;2(4):435-6.
46. Schefter T, Kavanagh B, Raben D, et al. A phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for lung metastases: Initial report of dose escalation and early toxicity. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006 Nov 15;66(4 Suppl):S120-7.
47. Bianco C, Giovannetti E, Ciardiello F, Mey V, Nannizzi S, Tortora G, Pasqualetti F, Troiani T, Tacca MD, Raben D, et al. Synergistic antitumor activity of the multitargeted kinase inhibitor ZD6474 with gemcitabine and ionizing radiation against pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Dec 1;12(23):7099-107.
48. Helfrich B, Raben D, Chan D, et al. Antitumor activity of the EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib (ZD1839, Iressa™) in NSCLC cell lines and xenografts correlates with gene copy number and EGFR mutations but not EGFR protein levels. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Dec 1;12(23):7117-7125.
49. Gustafson D, Frederick B, Merz A, Zirrolli J, Johnson TK and Raben D. Impact on scheduling on combined ZD6474 and radiation in EGFR-positive and EGFR-null human head and neck tumor xenografts. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 2007 Mar 29 (Epub ahead of print)
50. Willey CD, Murphy BA, Netterville JL, Burkey BB, Shyr Y, Shakhtour B, Kish B, Raben D, Chen C, Song JI, Kane MA, Cmelak AJ. A Phase II multi-institutional trial of chemoradiation using weekly docetaxel and erythropoietin for high-risk postoperative head and neck cancer patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Apr 1;67(5):1323-31. Epub 2007 Feb 7.
51. Frederick B, Hefrich B, Coldren C, Bunn P and Raben D. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition predicts gefitinib resistance in cell lines of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and non-small cell lung carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007 Jun;6(6):1683-91. Epub 2007 May 31
52. Chen C, Kane M, Song J, Campana J, Raben A, Hu K, Harrison L, Quon H, Dancey J, Baron A, Said S, Eckhardt SG and Raben D. Phase I trial of gefitinib in combination with radiation or chemoradiation for patients with locally advanced squamous cell head and neck cancer. J Clin Oncol 25:4880-4886, 2007
53. Rusthoven K, Chen C, Raben D, Kavanagh B. The use of external beam radiotherapy is associated with a reduced incidence of second primary head and neck cancers: a SEER database analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Dec 8; [Epub ahead of print]
54. Rusthoven K, Ballonoff A, Raben D and Chen C. Poor Prognosis in Patients with Stage I-II Oral Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer. 2007 Nov 26;112(2):345-351 [Epub ahead of print]
55. Chow L, Chen C and Raben D. EGFR inhibitors and Radiation in HNSCC. Current Cancer Therapy Reviews (in press)
56. Rusthoven R, Raben D and Chen C. Improved survival in patients with stage III-IV head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated with radiotherapy as the primary local treatment modality. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Mar 26.
57. Harari PM. Cohen RB, Raben D, et al. The 2007 Inaugural ASTRO/ASCO/AHNS Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Symposium. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;69(2 Suppl):S1-3.
58. Rusthoven K, Raben D, Chen C, et al. Effect of Radiation Techniques in Treatment of Oropharynx Cancer. Laryngoscope. 2008 Jan 3; [Epub ahead of print]
59. Ballonof A, Kavanagh B, McCarter M, Kane M, Pearlman N, Nash R, Shah R, Raben D and Schefter T. Preoperative capecitabine and accelerated intensity modulated radiotherapy in locally advanced rectal cancer, a Phase II trial. Am Jour of Clin Oncology 2008 June; 31(3); 264-271.
60. Argiris A, Karamouzis VM, Raben D and Ferris R. Head and Neck Cancer. Lancet (Review) 2008 May 17; 371(9625): 1695-709.
61. Rusthoven K, Flaig T, Raben D and Kavanagh B. High Incidence of Lung Cancer After Non–Muscle-Invasive Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder: Implications for Screening Trials. Clinical Lung Cancer. 2008 Mar; 9(2): 106-11.
62. M Ding, F Newman, L Gaspar, B Kavanagh, K Stuhr, D Raben, JS Li and C-M Ma. A 4D treatment planning tool for the evaluation of motion effects on lung cancer treatments. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 102. (2008).
63. Gustafson DL, Frederick B, Merz AL, Raben D. Dose scheduling of the dual VEGFR and EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor vandetanib (ZD6474, Zactima) in combination with radiotherapy in EGFR-positive and EGFR-null human head and neck tumor xenografts. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008 Feb;61(2):179-88. Epub 2007 Mar 29.
64. E Bradshaw-Pierce, C Steinhauer, D Raben and D Gustafson. Pharmacokinetic-directed dosing of vandetanib and docetaxel in a mouse model of human squamous cell carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008 Sep;7(9):3006-17.
65. Ballonoff A, Raben D, Rusthoven KE, Bassetti M, Kane M, Song JI, Chen C. Outcomes of patients with n3 neck nodes treated with chemoradiation. Laryngoscope. 2008 Jun;118(6):995-8.
66. Olsen C, Schefter TE, Chen H, Kane M, Leong S, McCarter MD, Chen Y, Mack P, Eckhardt SG, Steigmann S and Raben D. Results of a Phase I Trial of 12 Patients with Locally Advanced Pancreatic Carcinoma Combining Gefitinib, Paclitaxel and Three-Dimensional Conformal: Report of Toxicity and Evaluation of Circulating K-ras as a Potential Biomarker of Response to Therapy. Am J Clin Oncol 2009 Mar 20. [Epub ahead of print]
67. Le, Q and Raben D. Integrating Biologically Targeted Therapy in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinomas. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2009 Jan;19(1):53-62. Review.
68. Flaig TW, Su L, Uhlik C, Li Y, Raben D, Garcia M and Bemis L. ZD6474 sensitizes RT4 bladder cancer cells to cisplatin chemotherapy in a dose dependent manner. BJU Int. 2009 Jun;103(12):1729-37. Epub 2009 Feb 10.
69. Rusthoven KE, Raben D, Schneider C, Witt R, Sammons S, Raben A. Freedom from Local and Regional Failure of Contralateral Neck with Ipsilateral Neck Radiotherapy for Node-Positive Tonsil Cancer: Results of a Prospective Management Approach. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009 Jan 23.
70. McCammon R, Kavanagh B, Newell S, Newman F and Raben D. Toxicity assessment of pelvic Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy with A hypofractionated simultaneous integrated boost to the prostate for intermediate- and high-risk localized prostate adenocarcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009 Apr 11. [Epub ahead of print]
71. Raben A, Rusthoven KE, Sarkar A, Glick A, Benge B, Jacobs D, Raben D. Favorable toxicity and biochemical control using real-time inverse optimization techniques for prostate brachytherapy. Brachytherapy. 2009 Feb 11.
72. Flaig TW, Su LJ, McCoach C, Li Y, Raben D, Varella-Garcia M, Bemis LT. Dual epidermal growth factor receptor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibition with vandetanib sensitizes bladder cancer cells to cisplatin in a dose and sequence-dependent manner. BJU International. 2009 Feb 10.
73. Okunieff P, Kachnic LA, Constine LS, Fuller CD, Gaspar LE, hayes DF, Hooks J, Ling C, Meyskens FL Jr, Philip PA, Raben D, Smalley SR, Swanson GP, Teicher BA, Thomas CR Jr, Vikram B, Zelefsky MJ, Baker LH. Report from Radiation Therapy Committee of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG): research objectives workshop 2008. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Sept 15:15(18):5663-70.
74. Pugh TJ, Chen C, Rabinovitch R, Eckhardt SG, Rusthoven K, Swing R and Raben D. A phase I trial of bortezomib and concurrent external beam radiation in patients with advanced solid malignancies. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. (in press)
75. Ammer AG, Kelley LC, Hayes KE, Evans JV, Lopez-Skinner LA, Martin KH, Frederick B, Rothschild B, Raben D, Green TP and Weed S. The Src Inhibitor AZD0530 Suppresses Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Invasion by Disrupting Invadopodia Function. J Canc Sci Ther. 2009 Nov 1(2): 052-061
1. Gaspar, L, Mertens W, Raben D, Evans S. Clinical Aspects and Management of Anal Cancer. Oxford University Press, May 2000.
2. Raben D, Buchsbaum D. Combined External Beam Radiotherapy and Radioimmunotherapy. Targeted Therapy for Cancer. Oxford University Press, London, England, 1999.
3. Raben D. Treatment of Non-Small cell Lung Cancer. Lung Cancer Therapy Annual (3). Martin Dunitz, 2003.
4. Raben D, Kavanagh B and Raben A. American Cancer Society’s A Complete Guide to Prostate Cancer. Chapter 21: What is External Beam Therapy (EBRT). American Cancer Society, pp. 197-204, 2005.
5. Sartor C, Raben D. O’Neil, B. Chapter 5: Biologics and Interactions with Radiation. Gunderson L, Tepper J, eds. Clinical Radiation Oncology, 2nd Edition. New York, NY: Churchill Livingstone, 2006.
6. McCammon R, Chen C, Suntha M, and Raben D. Chapter 92. Chemoradiation for Head and Neck Cancer. 17th Edition of Ballenger's Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. BC Decker Publisher, 2007.
7. Raben D, Schwer A and Van Houtte P. Targeted Therapies and Radiation in Lung Cancer. Lung Cancer: Principles and Practice, 4th ed. Williams and Wilkins Publisher.