1. C. Chen, B. Endlich, R. Salavati and C. C. Ling. Presence of point mutations in the N-ras gene in radiation-transformed rat embryo cells. Cancer Research 1993; 53: 1511-1515.
2. C. Chen, K Yao and C. C. Ling. Gamma irradiation-induced transformation of rat primary fibroblasts and the activation of N-ras gene. Prog. Biochem. Biophys 1994; 21: 228-234.
3. C.C. Ling C. Chen and Z. Fuks. An Equation for the dose response of radiation-induced apoptosis: possible incorporation with the LQ model. Radiotherapy and Oncology 1994; 33:17-22.
4. C. C. Ling, C. Chen and W. X. Li. Apoptosis induced at different dose rates: implication for the shoulder region of cell survival curves. Radiotherapy and Oncology 1994; 32: 129-136.
5. C. Chen, J. Zhang and C. C. Ling. Transfected c-myc and c-Ha-ras modulate gamma irradiation-induced apoptosis in rat embryo fibroblasts. Radiation Research 1994; 139: 307-315.
6. C. C. Ling M. Guo, C. Chen and T Deloherey, Radiation –induced apoptosis: Effects of cell age and dose fractionation. Cancer Research 1995; 55:5207-5212.
7. W. X. Li, C. Chen, C. C. Ling and G. C. Li, Apoptosis in heat induced cell killing: The protective role of Hsp70 and the sensitization effect of c-myc gene. Radiation Research 1996; 145: 324-330.
8. C. A. Vidair, C. Chen, C. C. Ling and W. C. Dewey, Apoptosis induced by X-irradiation of rec-myc cells is post-mitotic and not predicated by the time after irradiation or behavior of sister cells. Cancer Research 1996; 56: 4116-4118.
9. C. Chen, A. Nussenzweig, M. Gou, D. Kim, G. C. Li and C. C. Ling, Down-regulation of gadd153 by c-myc in rat fibroblasts and its effects on cell growth and radiation induced apoptosis. Oncogene 1996; 13: 1659-1665.
10. Andre Nussenzweig, Changhu Chen, Vera da Costa Soares, Mercedes Sanchez, Karen Sokol, Michael C. Nussenzweig,.and Gloria C. Li. Requirement for Ku80 in growth control and V(D)J recombination. Nature 1996; 382: 551-555.
11. M. Guo, C. Chen, C. Vidair, S. Marino, W. Dewey and C. C. Ling Characterization of radiation-induced apoptosis in rodent cell lines. Radiation Research 1997; 147: 295-303.
12. Changhu Chen, Nabendu Pore, Alireza Behrooz, Faramarz Ismail-Beigi and Amit Maity. Regulation of glut1 mRNA by Hypoxia-inducible Factor-1: Interaction between H-ras and Hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2001; 276:9519-9525.
13. Changhu Chen, Susan Orel, Mitchell Schnall, Elenor Harris, Lawrence Solin. Breast conservation treatment for patients presenting with axillary lymphadenopathy from presumed primary breast cancer: The role of breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for staging. Clinical Breast Cancer 2002; 3:219-222.
14. Changhu Chen, Hui-Kuo G. Shu, Joel Goldwein, Rick Womer and AmitMaity. Volumetric considerations in radiation therapy for pediatric parameningeal rhabdomyosarcomas. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol. Phys. 2003; 55:1294-1299.
15. Changhu Chen, Susan G. Orel, Eleanor Harris, Lawrence J. Solin. Relation between the method of detection of initial breast carcinoma and the method of detection of subsequent ipsilateral local recurrence and contralateral breast carcinoma. Cancer 2003; 98:1596-1602.
16. Changhu Chen, Susan G. Orel, Eleanor Harris, Mitchell D. Schnall, Brian J. Czerniecki, Lawrence J. Solin. Outcome after treatment of patients with mammographically occult, MRI detected breast cancer presenting with axillary lymphadenopathy Clinical Breast Cancer 2004; 5:72-77.
17. Changhu Chen & Laurie E. Garpar. Brain metastases in SCLC. Oncology 2004; 18:980-987.
18. David Raben, Changhu Chen, Teresa Troiani, Elaine Weng. EGFR-TKIs in head and neck cancer: the next step. Signal 2004; 5:4-7.
19. John Song, Changhu Chen, and David Raben, Emerging role of EGFR-targeted therapies and radiation in head and neck cancer. Oncology 2004;18:1757-1767.
20. Ari Ballonoff M.D., Changhu Chen M.D., and David Raben M.D. Current Radiation Therapy Management Issues in Oral Cavity Cancer. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America 2006, 39: 365-380.
21. Schefter TE, Kavanagh BD, Raben D, Kane M, Chen C, Stuhr K, Kelly K, Mitchell JD, Bunn PA, Gaspar LE. A phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for lung metastases: Initial report of dose escalation and early toxicity. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 66(4 Suppl):S120-7.
22. Christopher D. Willey, Barbara A. Murphy, James L. Netterville, Brian B. Burkey, Yu Shyr, Bashar Shakhtour, David Raben, Changhu Chen, B. Kish, John I. Song, Madeleine A. Kane, Anthony J. Cmelak. A Phase II Multi-Institutional Trial of Chemoradiation Using Weekly Docetaxel and Erythropoietin for High-Risk Postoperative Head and Neck Cancer Patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2007, 67:1323-1331.
23. Robert McCammon, Changhu Chen and David Raben. Chapter 92, pp 1043-1053, Chemoradiation for Head and Neck Cancer. In Snow Wackym, James B (editors), Ballenger’s Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 17th Edition.
24. Changhu Chen, Madeleine Kane, John Song, John Campana, Adam Raben, Kenneth Hu, Louis Harrison, Harry Quon, Janet Dancey, Anna Baron, Sherif Said, S. Gail Eckhardt and David Raben. A Phase I Trial of Gefitinib in Combination with Radiation or Chemoradiation for Patients with Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007, 25:4880-4886.
25. Amanda Schwer, MD., Denise M. Damek, MD., Brian D. Kavanagh., MD., MPH., Laurie. E. Gaspar, MD., MBA., Kevin Lillehei, MD., Kelly Stuhr, MS. and Changhu Chen, MD. A phase I dose escalation study of fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) in combination with gefitinib in patients with recurrent malignant gliomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys., 2008, 70:993-1001.
26. Kyle Rusthoven, Ari Ballonoff, David Raben, Changhu Chen. Poor Prognosis in patients with Stage I-II Oral Tongue Squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer, 2008, 112:345-351.
27. Laura QM Chow, Changhu Chen and David Raben. EGFR Inhibitors and Radiation in HNSCC. Current Cancer Therapy Reviews 2007, 3:255-266.
28. Rusthoven K, Chen C, Raben D, Kavanagh B. The Use of External Beam Radiotherapy is associated with a Reduced Incidence of Second Primary Head and Neck Cancers: a SEER Database Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2008, 71:192-198.
29. Kyle E. Rusthoven, M.D., David Raben, M.D., Ari Ballonoff, M.D., Madeleine Kane, M.D., Ph.D., John I. Song, M.D. and Changhu Chen, M.D. The Effect of Radiotherapy Techniques in Oropharynx Cancer. The Laryngoscope 2008; 118:435-439.
30. Ari Ballonoff, M.D., David Raben, M.D., Kyle E. Rusthoven, M.D., Madeleine Kane, M.D., Ph.D., John I. Song, M.D. and Changhu Chen, M.D. Outcomes of Patients with N3 Neck Nodes Treated with Chemoradiation. The Laryngoscope 2008; 118:995-998.
31. Kyle Rusthoven, David Raben, Changhu Chen. Improved Survival in Patients with Stage III-IV Head and Neck Cancer Treated with Radiotherapy as the Primary Local Treatment Modality. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008; 72:343-350.
32. Meisong Ding, Francis Newman, Changhu Chen, Kelly Stuhr, and Laurie E. Gaspar. Dosimetric comparison between 3D-CRT and IMRT using different multileaf collimators in the treatment of brain tumors. Medical Dosimetry 2009; 34:1-8.
33. Amanda Schwer, Brian Kavanagh, Robert McCammon, Laurie Gaspar, BK Demesters, Kelly Stuhr and Changhu Chen. Radiographic and Histopathologic Observations after Combined EGFR Inhibition and Hypofractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) in Patients with Recurrent Malignant Gliomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009; 73:1352-1357.
34. Kyle E Rusthoven, M.D., Brian D. Kavanagh, M.D., M.P.H., Stuart H. Burri, M.D., Changhu Chen, M.D., Higinia Cardenes, M.D., Mark A. Chidel, M.D.,Thomas J. Pugh, M.D., Madeline Kane, M.D., PhD, Laurie E. Gaspar, M.D, Tracey E. Schefter, M.D. Mature Results of a Multi-Institutional Phase I/II Trial of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Lung Metastases. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27:1579 – 1584.
35. Kyle E. Rusthoven, M.D., David Raben, M.D., John I. Song, M.D., Madeleine Kane, M.D., PhD, Taghrid A. Altoos, B.S., and Changhu Chen, M.D. Survival and Patterns of Relapse in patients with Oral Tongue Cancer. J Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2010; 68:584-589.
36. Pugh TJ, Chen C, Rabinovitch R, Kavanagh B, Eckhardt SG, Rusthoven K, Swing R, and Raben D. A phase I trial of bortezomib and concurrent external beam radiation in patients with metastatic solid malignancies. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010; 78:521-526.
37. Kyle E Rusthoven, MD, Steven J. Feigenberg, MD, David Raben, MD, Madeleine Kane MD, PhD, John I. Song, MD, Nicos Nicolaou, MD, Ranee Mehra, MD, Barbara Burtness, MD, John Ridge, MD, Robyn Swing, BS, Miriam Lango, MD, Roger Cohen, MD, Antonio Jimeno, MD, PhD. and Changhu Chen, MD. Initial Results of a Phase I Dose Escalation Trial of Concurrent and Maintenance Erlotinib and Re-Irradiation for Recurrent and New Primary Head and Neck Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010; 78:1020-1025.
38. Kyle E. Rusthoven, Christine Olsen, Wilbur Franklin, B. K. Kleinschmidt-DeMasters, Brian D. Kavanagh, Laurie E. Gaspar, Kevin Lillehei, Allen Waziri, Denise M. Damek, Changhu Chen. Favorable Prognosis in Patients with High-Grade Glioma with Radiation Necrosis: The University of Colorado Re-operation Series. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print].
39. Changhu Chen, Denise Damek, Laurie E. Gaspar, Allen Waziri, Kevin Lillehei, Monica Robischon, and Brian D. Kavanagh. Phase I Dose Per Fraction Escalation Trial of Hypofractionated Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy with Temozolomide Chemotherapy for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Oct 5. [Epub ahead of print].
40. Emma Fields, MD, Denise Damek, MD, Laurie E. Gaspar, MD, MBA, Arthur Liu, MD, PhD, Brian D. Kavanagh, MD, MPH, Allen Waziri, MD, Kevin Lillehei, MD, and Changhu Chen, MD Phase I Dose Escalation Trial of Vandetanib with Fractionated Radiosurgery in Patients with Recurrent Malignant Gliomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Oct 29. [Epub ahead of print].
41. Changhu Chen. Chapter 7, Recurrent Malignant Glioma. In Antonio De Salles (editor). Shaped Beam Radiosurgery – Cranial & Extra-cranial, Long-Term Clinical Experience and Cutting Edge Technology. (in press)
(Last Updated: December 30, 2010)