Developmental Psychiatry Research Lab
Sharon Hunter, PhD
- PhD Experimental Psychology, University of South Carolina
- Emphasis in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- I am interested in very early brain development and how it is related to later developmental outcomes
- I currently have received a grant to study eye tracking in infants.
- I have been employed in this lab since 2001 when I began as a post-doctoral fellow
- (303) 724-6201
- Email Sharon Hunter
Kate Hanna, MSW
- Masters of Social Work: 2001, Boston College
- M.S.W. Internship at The Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Pediatrics
- 2002, Post-M.S.W. Fellowship in Outpatient Psychiatry, The Children’s Hospital Boston
- Clinical Social Worker; 2002-2005, The Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, The Children’s Hospital Denver
- I conduct structured clinical interviews with children and adults and work with referred clients who may have child onset schizophrenia and children with possible mood disorders, disruptive behavioral disorders, and ADHD.
- I manage the Psychiatry Scholars program.
- I have worked in this lab since 2005.
- (303) 724-6202
- Email Kate Hanna
Julie Beuler, BA, ASN
- A.S.N.: 2006, Denver School of Nursing
- B.S.: 1997, Psychology, University of Montana
- I recruit and manage study subjects through Denver Health Medical Center, Department of OB/GYN.
- I recruit and manage subjects with and without mental illness in the Choline during Pregnancy Study which looks at fetal brain development after supplementing choline during pregnancy.
- I also manage and recruit subjects for the Maternal Depression Study.
- I counsel pregnant women who smoke and encourage cessation and recruit and manage subjects for the choline during pregnancy study.
I have worked in this lab since 2005.
- (303) 724-6205
- Email Julie Beuler
Therese Jones, BA
- BA: 2010, Psychology/Biology, University of Colorado Denver
- Previously, I worked in research focusing on stress levels in children.
- I conduct physiological testing including EEG recordings and PPI recordings on infants, recruit and schedule for the infant studies, and work at Denver Health on the Maternal Depression study.
- In the future, I would either like to go to medical school or veterinary school.
- I have worked in the lab since April 2012.
- (303) 724-6206
- (303) 724-6017
- Email Therese Jones