Selected Peer Reviewed Publications (since 2000):
1. Weintraub P, Dubovsky, SL, Clopton JK, Hebert FB (Abstract): Rates of adolescent seclusion and restraint: comparison of all-adolescent and mixed adolescent-adult inpatient units. In: Abstracts: Child Section of the 40th Annual National Institutes of Mental Health New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit (NCDEU) Meeting, Boca Raton Florida, May 30-June 2, 2000. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. 2001, 10:236-237.
2. Weintraub P, Hall HL, Pynoos RS: Columbine High School Shootings. Community Response. In: School Violence. Assessment, Management, Prevention. Shafii M, Shafii, SL, eds. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Press, Inc., 2001, pp 129-161.
3. Weintraub P, Friedman J: Middle-school onset depression and poor school performance: A complication of previously undiagnosed attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, inattentive subtype? (Abstract). New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit Annual Meeting, Boca Raton, Florida, 2002.
4. *Hoffenberg A, *Weintraub P, *Dellavalle R, Sauaia A, Lezotte D, Calonge N (Abstract): Effect of altitude on low birth weight risk among Colorado twins. Pediatric Research 2002, 51(4), Suppl part 2, p. 407 [* joint first authors].
5. Rewers A, Klingensmith G, Bothner J, Roback M, Weintraub P, Chase P (Abstract): Acute complications in adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes and co-morbid psychiatric disorders. Diabetes 2002, 51(6), Suppl 2: p. A612.
6. Lohman M, Riggs P, Mikulich S, Hall BA, Weintraub P (Abstract): Impact of ADHD on treatment compliance in depressed, substance-dependent adolescents. Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Miami Florida, 2003.
7. *Dunn AL, *Weintraub P: Exercise in the Prevention and Treatment of Adolescent Depression: A Promising but Little Researched Intervention. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 2008, 2:507-508 [* joint first authors].
8. Jewell JJ, Weintraub P, Dubbert PM, Dunn AL: The Feasibility Of Physical Activity Counseling Within a Mental Health Care Setting. (Abstract); Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Annual Meeting Supplement, 2009.
9. McCollister D, Beutz M, McLaughlin VV, Rumsfeld J, Massoudi P, Tripputi M, Kittelson J, Yeager T, Weintraub P, Badesch DB: Depressive Symptoms in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Prevalence and Impact on Functional Status. 2009 Annual Meeeting of American Thoracic Society.
10. Dunn TM, Collins V, House RM, Weintraub P: Maggot infestation following male genital self-mutilation: A case report. Mental Health and Substance Abuse, 2009, 3(2): 235-238.
11. McCollister DH, Beutz M, McLaughlin V, Rumsfeld J, Masoudi FA, Tripputi M, Yaeger T, Weintraub P, Badesch DB: Depressive symptoms in pulmonary arterial hypertension: prevalence and association with functional status. Psychosomatics. 2010 Jul-Aug, 51(4):339-339.e8. doi: 10.1176/appi.psy.51.4.339.
12. McCollister D, Weintraub P: Depression and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Should We Be Screening for Depressive Symptoms? Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension. 2010, (8)4): 223-227.
13. Weintraub P, Dunn TM, Yager J, Taintor Z: Internet Addiction. In: Lowinson & Ruiz’s Substance Abuse, Fifth Edition. Ruiz P, Strain E, eds. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011, pp 407-418.
14. McCollister D, Weintraub P, Badesch DB: Depression: Beyond Description as an Important Comorbidity in Pulmonary Hypertension–The next steps. Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension, 2012, 10(4): 227-232.
15. McKelvie J, Pierce C, Dunn T, Weintraub P, House R: Lost in the Present: Anterograde Amnesia and Medical Decision Making Capacity," Open Journal of Medical Psychology, 2014, 3(1): 54-59. doi: 10.4236/ojmp.2014.31007.
16. Weintraub P, Dunn TM, Yager J: Relationship of Behavioral Addictions to Eating Disorders and Substance Use Disorders. In: Eating Disorders, Addictions, and Substance Use Disorders: Research, Clinical and Treatment Perspectives. Brewerton T, Dennis AB, eds. Springer, 2014, pp 405-428.
17. Moroze RM, Dunn TM, Holland JC, Yager J, Weintraub P: Microthinking about micronutrients: A case of transition from obsessions about healthy eating to near-fatal "orthorexia nervosa” and proposed diagnostic criteria. Psychosomatics, 2015, 56(4) : 397-403. doi:10.1016/ j.psym.2014.03.003.
18. Dunn TM, Daidone S, Weintraub P, House RM: Implementing an instrument to help in the assessment of medical decision-making capacity: Impact on rates of consultation and involuntary commitment at a safety net hospital. Colorado Journal of Psychiatry & Psychology, 2017, 2(2): 53-60.