Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications:
1. Barry CL, Thomas MR. Economic grand rounds: improving the quality of depression care in Medicaid. Psychiatr Serv. Oct 2005;56(10):1193-1195.
2. Dubovsky SL, Buzan R, Thomas M, Kassner C, Cullum CM. Nicardipine improves the antidepressant action of ECT but does not improve cognition. J Ect. Mar 2001;17(1):3-10.
3. Dubovsky SL, Thomas M. Psychotic depression: advances in conceptualization and treatment. Hosp Community Psychiatry. Dec 1992;43(12):1189-1198.
4. Dubovsky SL, Thomas M. Beyond specificity: effects of serotonin and serotonergic treatments on psychobiological dysfunction. J Psychosom Res. May 1995;39(4):429-444.
5. Dubovsky SL, Thomas M. Tardive dyskinesia associated with fluoxetine. Psychiatr Serv. Sep 1996;47(9):991-993.
6. Dubovsky SLM, Thomas MM. Approaches to the Treatment of Refractory Depression. Journal of Practical Psychiatry & Behavioral Health. 1996;2(1):14-22.
7. Frances A, Thomas MR, Thompson TL, 2nd. A quadriplegic patient with borderline personality disorder. Hosp Community Psychiatry. May 1985;36(5):463-464, 474.
8. Giese AA, Thomas MR. Dissociative symptoms in psychotic mood disorders: An example of symptom nonspecificity. Psychiatry: Interpersonal & Biological Processes. Spring 1997;60(1):60.
9. Kilbourne AM, McGinnis GF, Belnap BH, Klinkman M, Thomas M. The role of clinical information technology in depression care management. Adm Policy Ment Health. Jan 2006;33(1):54-64.
10. Kilbourne AM, McGinnis GF, Belnap BH, Klinkman M, Thomas M. The role of clinical information technology in depression care management. Adm Policy Ment Health. Jan 2006;33(1):54-64.
11. Morris CD, Miklowitz DJ, Wisniewski SR, Giese AA, Thomas MR, Allen MH. Care satisfaction, hope, and life functioning among adults with bipolar disorder: data from the first 1000 participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program. Comprehensive Psychiatry. 2005;46(2):98-104.
12. Schneck CD, Miklowitz DJ, Calabrese JR, et al. Phenomenology of rapid-cycling bipolar disorder: data from the first 500 participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program. Am J Psychiatry. Oct 2004;161(10):1902-1908.
13. Schneck CD, Thomas MR, Gundersen D. Sexual side effects associated with valproate. J Clin Psychopharmacol. Oct 2002;22(5):532-534.
14. Thomas MR, Dubovsky SL, Cox-Young B. Impact of external versus internal case managers on hospital utilization. Psychiatr Serv. Jun 1996;47(6):593-595.
15. Thomas MR, Fryer GE, Rosenberg SA, Kassner C, Dubovsky SL, Shore JH. Examining the link between high-volume providers and shorter inpatient stays. Psychiatr Serv. November 1, 1997 1997;48(11):1396-1398.
16. Thomas MR, Kassner CT, Fryer GE, Giese AA, Rosenberg SA, Dubovsky SL. Impact of shorter lengths of stay on status at discharge in bipolar mania. Ann Clin Psychiatry. Sep 1997;9(3):139-143.
17. Thomas MR, Rosenberg SA, Giese AA, Fryer GE, Dubovsky SL, Shore JH. Shortening length of stay without increasing recidivism on a university- affiliated inpatient unit. Psychiatr Serv. September 1, 1996 1996;47(9):996-998.
18. Thomas MR, Stoyva J, Rosenberg SA, et al. Selection bias in an inpatient outcomes monitoring project. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. Jan 1997;19(1):56-61.
19. Thomas MR, Waxmonsky JA, Gabow PA, Flanders-McGinnis G, Socherman R, Rost K. Prevalence of Psychiatric Disorders and Costs of Care Among Adult Enrollees in a Medicaid HMO. Psychiatr Serv. November 1, 2005 2005;56(11):1394-1401.
20. Thomas MR, Waxmonsky JA, McGinnis GF, Barry CL. Realigning clinical and economic incentives to support depression management within a medicaid population: the Colorado access experience. Adm Policy Ment Health. Jan 2006;33(1):26-33.
21. Thompson TL, 2nd, Thomas MR. Teaching psychiatry to primary care internists. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. Jul 1985;7(3):210-213.
22. Thompson TL, 2nd, Thomas MR. Depression: medical interface with psychiatry and treatment advances. J Clin Psychiatry. Oct 1986;47 Suppl:31-38.
23. Waxmonsky JA, Thomas MR, Miklowitz DJ, et al. Prevalence and correlates of tobacco use in bipolar disorder: data from the first 2000 participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program. General Hospital Psychiatry. 2005;27(5):321-328.
24. Thomas, MR, Waxmonsky J, McGinnis MSPH GF, Barry CL: Making the Business Care for Depression Care Management within a Medicaid Population: The Colorado Access Experience. APMH Vol 33(1) Jan 2006, 26-33