Director, Refugee Mental Health Program of Colorado, Denver, CO, 2004-Present
Preceptor, University of Colorado Denver Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic, 2005-Present
Medical Director, Rocky Mountain Survivors Center and the Refugee Mental Health Access Project, Denver, CO, 2004-2009
- Responsible for program design, start-up, provision of clinical services, and development of funding resources.
Staff Psychiatrist, American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, Denver, CO, 2003-Present
- Clinical director of child psychiatry telehealth consultation service for Sioux Sans Indian Health Service Hospital. Conducted research interviews with American Indian Vietnam Veterans.
Staff Psychiatrist, Asian Pacific Mental Health Center, Denver, CO, 1999-Present
- Psychiatrist for Cambodian outpatients.
Staff Psychiatrist, El Centro de Las Familias, Denver, CO, 1999-Present
- Child Psychiatrist for Spanish-speaking families.
Medical Director, School-Based Mental Health Clinic in Sheridan, CO, 2003-2004
- Appointment through Children’s Hospital, Denver, CO
Co-Director, Refugee Mental Health Program of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1999-2004
Senior Psychiatrist, International Organization for Migration, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 1998
- Responsible for training and project management of the Cambodian Mental Health Training Program, which trained the first group of Cambodian psychiatrists.
Medical Director, Rocky Mountain Survivors Center and the Refugee Mental Health Access Project, Denver, CO, 1996-1998
Staff Psychiatrist, Asian Pacific Mental Health Center, Denver, CO, 1994-1998
Staff Psychiatrist, Cleo Wallace Center, Westminster, CO, 1994-1998
- Inpatient, day treatment, and residential settings. Attending psychiatrist for adolescents and children.
Private Practice of Psychiatry, Westminster, CO, 1994-1998
- Treated children, adolescents, and adults.
Attending Physician, Medical Mission with Behrhoerst Foundation, Chimaltanango, Guatemala, 1995
Staff Psychiatrist, El Centro de Las Familias, Denver, CO, 1994-1995
Attending Physician, Doctors Without Borders, Sisophon General Hospital, Sisophon, Cambodia, 1993
- Responsible for supervision of clinical care in an 80-bed general hospital, training local medical staff, and distribution of medical supplies.
Chief of Psychiatry, Catholic Organization for Emergency Relief and Refugees (COERR), United Nationals Border Relief Organization, Site Two Refugee Camp, Ta Praya, Thailand, 1991-1993
- Responsibilities included training local mental health staff, developing and administering a community mental health program in the camp, and practicing clinical psychiatry.
Attending Psychiatrist, Denver General Hospital Emergency Department, Denver, CO, 1989-1991