The Spine Center operates under a patient-centric model of care that is unique to the Rocky Mountain region.
Patients are initially evaluated and treated by a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrist).
- Surgery is only considered if nonsurgical options are unsuccessful.
- In the cases where surgery is recommended, the clinic's onsite neurosurgeons and orthopaedic spine surgeons work together to plan the appropriate surgical procedure for each patient.
- In addition, comprehensive rehabilitation care in physical and occupational therapy, and pain psychology are available onsite to provide a full a breadth of clinical services.
A few of the services offered by The Spine Center:
- Evaluation and nonsurgical treatment coordinated by board-certified physiatrists who are fellowship trained in spine and pain medicine.
- Surgical decision-making and management by spine surgeons in neurosurgery and orthopaedic surgery.
- Fluoroscopically guided spinal injections, including epidural steroid injections, selective nerve root blocks, facet joint injections, sacroiliac joint injections, hip joint injections, radiofrequency procedures and others.
- Electrodiagnostic evaluations (EMGs) performed by physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists who are board certified in electromyography.
- Digital X-ray, MRI and radiofrequency technology.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation physical/occupational therapy services.
- Pain psychology evaluation services are offered to all patients.