Peer Reviewed Publications
1) Saint-Phard, M.D., D.; Van Dorsten, B., PhD; Marx, R., M.D., M.Sc., York, KA, Self-Perception in Elite Collegiate Female Gymnasts, Cross Country Runners, and Track and Field Athletes. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 74: 770-774, 1999 Aug.
2) Marx, Robert G., MD, MSC, Saint-Phard, D., M.D., Callahan, L.R., M.D., Chu, J., and Hannafin, J., M.D., Ph.D. Stress Fracture Sites Related to Underlying Bone Health in Athletic Females. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine.11(2):73-6, 2001 Apr.
3) Saint-Phard, Deborah, MD, Van Dorsten, Brent, PhD. Mercury Toxicity: Clinical Presentations in Musculoskeletal Medicine (CME article). Orthopedics. 27(4):394-7; CME quiz: 398-9, 2004.
4) Laker S, Saint-Phard D. Espiritu CE, Irwin R. Scaphoid injuries. www.eMedicine.com, May 2006.
5) Laker, SR, Saint-Phard, D, Tyburski M, Van Dorsten B. Stress Fractures in Elite Cross-Country Athletes. Orthopedics. 30(4): 313-315. April 2007
6) Pepper M and Saint-Phard D. Bone Health Concerns in Active and Athletic Women and Girls (CME article). Orthopedics. 30(4):281-287. CME quiz: 288-289. April 2007
7) Feldman A and Saint-Phard D. Femoral Neck Stress Fracture Complicated by Deep Venous Thrombosis and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: A Case Report. Accepted for publication February 2009 by PM&R
8) Kaufman M, Akuthota V, Sherman A, Saint-Phard, D, Double Trouble: A Case Report of Concomitant Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome and Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome”, Accepted for publication in Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine March 9, 2009
9) Laker S, Putukian M, Saint-Phard D, “Track and Field” in Netter’s Sports Medicine Eds: Madden, Putukian, Young, and McCarty pp: 552-564,Chapter 65. 2010.
Consultative review article
1) Arendt, Elizabeth A., M.D.; Saint-Phard, Deborah, M.D.; Shangold, Mona M., M.D.; The Active Woman: Special health concerns. Patient Care 1999; 32: 184-195.
Competitive Poster Presentations
1) American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meeting 2004, Phoenix, Arizona Unsuspected Mercury Toxicity in a Sports Medicine Practice by Saint-Phard D, Sherman P, Gonzalez P
2) Colorado Research Symposium on the Health of Women and Girls, April 22, 2005, Unsuspected Mercury Toxicity in a Sports Medicine Practice by Saint-Phard D, Sherman P, Gonzalez P
3) Tyburski M, Saint-Phard D, Laker S, Van Dorsten B. Femoral stress fractures in a team of elite cross-country runners: a retrospective study of related factors presented at the June 2006 American College of Sports Medicine Annual Assembly, Denver, CO
4) Feldman A, Saint-Phard D. Compression side femoral neck stress fracture complicated by deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS): A Case Report. Presented as a poster presentation at annual national meeting for AAPM&R, San Diego, CA, November 22, 2008
5) Sherman P, Saint-Phard D, Callahan L, Karl T, Rogers-Stevane J, Hannafin J. Atypical stress fractures predict bone health in athletic females. Podium Presentation #525 at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2009 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada February 27, 2009
Competitive Scientific Abstracts
1) Unsuspected Mercury Toxicity in a Sports Medicine Practice, Saint-Phard D, Gonzalez P and Sherman P, Arch Phys Med Rehabil.2004 Sep;85(9):E25
2) Tyburski M, Saint-Phard D, Laker S, Van Dorsten B Femoral Stress Fractures in a Team of Elite Cross-Country Runners: A Retrospective Study of Related Factors, Muscle & Science in Sports and Exercise 2006;38 (5): supplement,
3) Feldman, A, Saint-Phard D, Compression side femoral neck stress fracture complicated by deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS): A Case Report. (accepted May 15, 2008 for presentation at AAPM&R annual assembly, San Diego, CA November 22, 2008).
4) Sherman P, Saint-Phard D, Callahan L, Karl T, Rogers-Stevane J, Hannafin J. Atypical stress fractures predict bone health in athletic females. Presented as apodium presentation for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2009 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada February 27, 2009
1) “Why You Need a Butt…” Mile High Magazine November 2006
2) “Exercise and Women: An Unbeatable Combination. Stapleton Community newsletter. October 2005
3) “Taking the Stress Out Of Your Workout”, CU Buffs News. October 2004
4) “Common Injuries occurring in Health Clubs” Rocky Mountain News October 2007