Developmental Pediatrics - Education
- The University of Colorado School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics and Children's Hospital Colorado now offer a three-year ACGME-accredited Fellowship in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Please visit our fellowship page for further information.
- We offer a new psychology post-doctoral training program in developmental disabilities through Children’s Colorado. This is a one-year training program in which the trainee learns assessment skills of children and youth with a range of developmental disorders, participates in didactic sessions, and has research opportunities.
- We provide training for residents in developmental and behavioral pediatrics which involves clinical training in all aspects of developmental and behavioral pediatrics. Our faculty provides lectures in developmental and behavioral pediatrics and observations of programs and home visits with families who have children with special health care needs as part of the experience.
- An elective in Child Development and Behavior is available for fourth-year medical students who have successfully completed a pediatric clerkship.
- Developmental and behavioral pediatrics is an integral component of the pediatric clerkship curriculum for third-year medical students at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.