Dr. Todd has been recognized, throughout his career with numerous awards, including the Career Teaching Scholar Award from the Department of Pediatrics, the Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research from the Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, and the Outstanding Service Award from Children's Hospital Colorado Medical Board.
In 2006, Dr. Todd published a new book, On Track to Quality, a fictional work exploring the meaning of quality in its many forms, including services, products and quality of life. The book has been called by Richard Lamm, former governor of Colorado, "a metaphorical journey in search of 'quality' that is both wise and entertaining."
- 5280 Magazine’s Top Doctors in Denver, 2005-present
- Champion in Health Care Award, Denver Business Journal, 2010
- Quality and Safety Pillar Award, Children's Hospital Colorado, 2010
- Big Shot of the Year, Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition, 2009
- Distinguished Physician Award, Pediatric Infectious Disease Society, 2008
- Citation, Colorado 2008 Healthcare Reform Commission, 2008
- Denver’s Top 150 Citizens, 2008
- Author, On Track to Quality, 2006
- Jules Amer Chair in Community Pediatrics, 2003-2006
- James Strain Community Service Award, Colorado Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004