Dr. Stenmark has received numerous awards throughout his career, including the Gary Way Outstanding Teaching Award from the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Distinguished Scientific Accomplishments Award from the American Thoracic Society. He is regularly listed in Best Doctors in America and is widely published. He is an editorial board member for several medical journals and a reviewer for many others.
A renowned expert in his field, Dr. Stenmark is a frequently invited speaker and Visiting Professor, both nationally and abroad. He was the featured speaker at the Pulmonary Hypertension International Meeting in Cambridge, England. In addition, his involvement in national and international committees is extensive. He was invited to serve on an expert panel to advise the NIH on future research directives.
- America's Top Pediatrician, 2009-present
- Best Doctors in America, 2008-present
- Vascular Biology Center of Excellence, CU School of Medicine, 2010-2012
- "Top Fifty Sponsored Program Awards," Anschutz Medical Campus, 2010-2011
- PAH Novel Targets Advisory Board Meeting, Pfizer, 2011
- PVD Virtual Lab Advisory Board: Impedance Properties, Pfizer, 2011
- 5280 Magazine's Top Doctors in Denver, 2007-2009
- Inaugural Fellow of the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Perioperative and Critical Care, American Heart Association, 2003
- Ray Krock Visiting Professor, LeBonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, 2003
- Task Force Member and Speaker on Pathology and Pathobiology of Pulmonary Hypertension: Third World Symposium on Pulmonary Arterial Hypertesion. Venice, Italy, 2003
- Featured Speaker, Cambridge Pulmonary Hypertension International Meeting, Cambridge, England, 2003
- Research Advisory Committee, March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, 2003
- Parent Committee, Program Project Reviews, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, 2003
- Program Committee, Vascular Biology, American Heart Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, 2003