Dr. Ivy is the recipient of numerous awards and honors. He is a member of numerous professional societies and institutional committees. Dr. Ivy served on the Editorial Board for Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension. He has published hundreds of articles, book chapters, abstracts, and scholarly reviews, and he is a sought-after speaker worldwide.
- Member, Scientific Leadership Council, Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 2005-present
- 5280 Magazine’s Top Doctors in Denver, 2005-present
- Pediatric Faculty Research Mentor, Shunichi Takatsuki, MD, 2010-2012
- Board of Trustees, Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 2011
- Editorial Board, Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension, Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 2011
- Fern Primack “Heart Who Cares” Award, Little Hearts Luncheon Committee/ TCH Foundation, 2008
- Selby's Chair in Pediatric Cardiology, 2003-2006