How do I become a patient at the Supportive and Neuro-Palliative Medicine Clinic?
1. You will need to contact your current neurologist or primary care provider (PCP) for a referral to our clinic. If you have any questions regarding what qualifies as a referral or who may send one, please call our clinic at 720-848-2080 or 720-848-8761.
2. Ask your referring physician’s office to fax the following information to our clinic at 720-848-2106.
· A completed referral form. Ensure
that the referral specifies “Supportive
and Neuro-Palliative Care Clinic”
· Your demographic information
· Recent medical records relevant to your illness
· Copies of your MRI or CT scans (if applicable)
3. Once we have received all of your information, we will contact you to schedule an appointment. If you have not heard from us within five business days, please contact our clinic at 720-848-2080 and we will do our best to expedite the scheduling of your appointment.
Preparing for your appointment
1. On the day of your appointment, please be sure to bring the items listed below. By doing this, it will help streamline your visit and allow your provider to more accurately evaluate you.
· Your insurance card and insurance information
· A list of all medications and doses you are currently taking
· Any MRI or CT scans you’ve had in the past two years; disc or film format is preferred
· Any relevant medical records or examinations your referring physicians office may not have sent us
· Your completed new patient health questionnaire. If you misplaced the copy you were mailed, please click here for a new copy.
2. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early so that our clinic staff may obtain your vitals as well as a detailed history before your appointment. This allows our providers to tailor their time with you making your visit more functional and specialized.
3. When you arrive at your appointment, please take advantage of our clinic's free valet service. It is located at the entrance of the Outpatient Pavilion and makes your appointment only that much easier.
4. Plan to spend 2.5 to 3 hours with us as we will have you meet several medical providers to provide you with comprehensive care. You may want to bring a snack and beverage with you.
As always, our staff is available to answer any questions you may have concerning your appointment. If you have a request for special arrangements, please contact us at 720-848-8761 and we will try our best to accommodate you.
We look forward to getting to know you!