LAURENCE K. CHAN, M.D., PH.D.
Professor of Medicine
office phone: 303-724-4806
e-mail address: Laurence.Chan@ucdenver.edu
Areas of Interest - Research
Mechanism of allograft rejection and the safety and effectiveness of new therapeutic protocols for kidney transplantation.
Application of NMR and other molecular biomarkers in allograft rejection and study of the effects of different immunosuppressive drugs on cellular metabolism.
- Terasaki P, Ozawa M, Castro R, Lee S, Cook D, Abdelnoor A, Bow L, Chan L., et al: IHWS chronic rejection of solid organ grafts report: A propective chronic rejection study. 13th International Histocompatibility Working Group.
- Budde K, Knoll G, Curtis J, Chan L, Pohanka E, Gentil M, Seifu Y, Marrast AC, Neumayer HH; ERL B302 Study Group. Long-term safety and efficacy after conversion of maintenance renal transplant recipients from mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) to enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium (EC-MPA, myfortic). Clin Nephrol. 2006 Aug;66(2):103-11.
- Gibney EM, Cagle LR, Freed B, Warnell SE, Chan L, Wiseman AC. Detection of donor-specific antibodies using HLA-coated microspheres: another tool for kidney transplant risk stratification. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006 Sep;21(9):2625-9
- Levi ME, Mandava N, Chan L, Weinberg A, Olson JL. Treatment of multidrug-resistant cytomegalovirus retinitis with systemically administered leflunomide. Transpl Infect Dis. 2006 Mar;8(1):38-43.
- Chan L, S Mulgaonkar, R Walker, W Arns, P Ambühl, Ruben Schiavelli: Patient-reported gastrointestinal symptom burden and health-related quality of life following conversion from mycophenolate mofetil to enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium. Transplantation 81:1290-1297, 2006