- American Heart Association: Quality of Care and
Outcomes Research (AHA/QCOR
2013):Baltimore, MD. 5/2013The Relationship between Readmission Cost and Total Cost
Over Time for Heart Failure.
- Changstrom BG. Incidental discovery of CML after
sudden cardiac arrest due to left ventricular non-compaction and intracranial
hemorrhage. Prepared for submission to AMSSM meeting, 2014.
BE, Beldner S, Katz D, Steckman D, Aleong R, Nguyen D, Schuller J, Sung R, Tzou
WS, Varosy P, Sauer WH. Incidence and Predictors of Pleuritic Chest Discomfort
following Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol.
W, Foley TR, Nguyen DT, Aleong
RG. Infra-Hisian atrioventricular block.
Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2012 Dec 4
- Page RL,
Foley TR, Lindenfeld J. Delayed
wound healing in heart failure. Submission pending.
- Foley TR, Lindenfeld
J. Progression of aortic aneurysms in
cardiac transplant patients: case series and review of the literature
- Moss TJ, Lake DE, Moorman JR.
Local dynamics of heart rate: detection and prognostic implications. Heart
Rhythm. 2013 (under review).
- DeMazumder D, Lake DE, Cheng
A, Moss TJ, Guallar E, Weiss RG, Jones S, Tomaselli GF, Moorman JR. Dynamic analysis of cardiac rhythms for
discriminating atrial fibrillation from lethal ventricular arrhythmias. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013 May 16.
- Peters, L. “Emergent radiofrequency catheter ablation
of ventricular arrhythmias can be safely and effectively performed in patients
with severe heart failure”. (Accepted at HFSA National 2013)
- Daugherty SL, Thompson LE, Kim S, Rao SV, Subherwal S; Tsai
TT, Messenger JM, Masoudi FA. Patterns of Use and Comparative Effectiveness of
Bleeding Avoidance Strategies in Men and Women Following Percutaneous Coronary
Interventions: An Observational Study from the National Cardiovascular Data
Registry®. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(20):2070
- Mason M, Siegel C. Do Inflammatory Bowel Disease Therapies Cause Cancer? Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 May;19(6):1306-21. doi:10.1097/MIB.0b013e3182807618.
- Regner E. ACG Poster Accepted: An Uncommon Cause of Upper
Gastrointestinal Bleeding in a Post-Liver Transplant Patient: Hepatic
- Regner E. ACG Poster Accepted: IBD Surveillance Colonoscopies Require More Time
and Medication Than Screening Colonoscopies for Non-IBD Patients
- Regner E. Research: Studying Intestinal Intra-Epithelial Lymphocytes (IELs) in Colonic Tissue; characterizing the cells and determining extent
of IEL involvement in extra-intestinal manifestations of IBD.
- Brimhall B. Research: Predictors of Sub-Optimal Bowel Preparation. University of Colorado, Aurora, CO. Oct 2012
B. Research: Medical Marijuana. University of Colorado, Aurora, CO. Oct 2013 –
B. Research: Eternal Stents for Gastric Outlet Obstruction. University of Utah,
Salt Lake City, UT. Jan 2010 – April 2011.
B, Hankins SC, Austin GL. Medicare patients under the age of 65 years and
Medicaid patients are more likely to have a suboptimal bowel preparation for
colonoscopy. Manuscript in preparation.
B, Hankins SC, Austin GL. Effect of a low-volume compared to a high-volume
polyethylene glycol bowel preparation solution on prep quality, procedure
times, and adenoma detection rates. Manuscript in preparation.
ME, Isfort RW, Brimhall B, Siegel
CA. Medical marijuana for digestive disorders: High time to prescribe? The
American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014; in press.
- Brimhall B, Adler DG. Enteral stents
for malignant gastric outlet obstruction. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of
North America. 2011; 3:389-403.
- Brimhall B, Adler DG. Esophageal
stenting for the treatment of malignant dysphagia in patients with esophageal
cancer. Hospital Practice. 2010; 38:94-102.
- Brimhall B, Hankins SC, Austin GL.
Medicare Patients Under the Age of 65 Years and Medicaid Patients are More
Likely to have a Suboptimal Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy.
Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):S-34-S-35. Oral Presentation at Digestive
Diseases Week, May 2014, Chicago, IL.
- Brimhall B, Hankins SC, Austin GL.
Effect of a Low-volume Compared to a High-volume Polyethylene Glycol Bowel
Preparation Solution on Prep Quality, Procedure Times, and Adenoma Detection
Rates. Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):S-552. Poster Presentation at Digestive
Diseases Week, May 2014, Chicago, IL.
- Jensen-Otsu E, Ward EK, Mitchell B, Schoen JA, Rothchild K, Mitchell NS, Austin GL. The Effect of Medicaid Status on Weight Loss, Hospital Length of Stay, and 30-Day Readmission After Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. Obes Surg. 2014 Jul 15. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25022673
- Clemons J, Dunn D, Feinberg L. (August 2012)
Pneumatosis Intestinalis in a patient with Scleroderma. Presented at Mountain
West Regional Meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine, 2012 Denver.
- Gawron AJ,
Veerappan A, McCarthy ST, Kankanala V,
Keswani RN. “Impact of an Incomplete Colonoscopy Referral Program on
Recommendations After Incomplete Colonoscopy.” Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 2013 Mar 2
- Kankanala V, Austin G. “A Diagnostic
Colonoscopy Is Associated With a Lower Adenoma Detection Rate Despite Longer
Withdrawal Times Compared to a Screening or Surveillance Colonoscopy.” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2013; 77(5):
- Kankanala V, McCarthy ST, Gawron AJ,
Keswani RN. “Adherence to Recommendations after Incomplete Colonoscopy in a
Large Academic Gastroenterology Practice.” Gastrointestinal
Endoscopy. 2011; 73(4): AB215.
- McCarthy ST, Kankanala V, Gawron AJ, Keswani RN.
“Diagnostic Yield of Complete Colon Evaluation after Initial Incomplete
Colonoscopy: A Comparison of Repeat Colonoscopy versus Barium Enema.” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2011; 73(4):
- Kankanala V “A Diagnostic Colonoscopy
Is Associated With a Lower Adenoma Detection Rate Despite Longer Withdrawal
Times Compared to a Screening or Surveillance Colonoscopy.” May 2013. Digestive Disease Week, Orlando, FL
- Kankanala V “Complications of a
Paraesophageal Hernia Repair Performed for Gastric Volvulus: A Patient
Presentation.” September 2011. Presented
at GI Grand Rounds, University of
Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver CO
- Kankanala V “Adherence to
Recommendations after Incomplete Colonoscopy in a Large Academic
Gastroenterology Practice” May 2011. Digestive
Disease Week, Chicago, IL
- Kankanala V “Nutritional Considerations
in Patients with Cirrhosis” December 2009. Presented at Department of
Integrative Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine,
- New S, Stratton K, Benson A, Bambha K.
Associations between TEG and Cirrhosis Severity. Oral Presentation at the Young
Investigators Forum/Controversies in Transplantation conference. Breckenridge,
CO. February 2013
- Lo D, Paniagua MA, and Thomas DR. Missed
Opportunities: Nursing Home Providers’ Ability to Identify and Recognize
Depressive Symptoms. JAMDA (2010)11;9:680-683.
- Lo D, Desai AK. Nutrition and Occupational
Performance in the Older Adult. In Barney KF and Perkinson MA (Eds.), Geriatric
Occupational Therapy: Supporting Meaningful Living Through Collaborative
Practice. (under contract with Mosby, Inc.).
DA, Schacter DL, Lygizos M, Sen NM, Chong H, Holcomb PJ, Daffner KR, &
Budson AE (2007). ERP correlates of
Remember/Know decisions: Association with the late posterior negativity. Biological Psychology, 75(2), 131-5.
DA, Schacter DL, Lygizos M, Sen NM, Holcomb PJ, Daffner KR, & Budson
AE (2006). ERP correlates of recognition
memory: Effects of retention interval and false alarms. Brain Research, 1096, 148-162.
- Bish JP, Pendyal A,
Ding L, Ferrante H, Nguyen V, McDonald-McGinn DM, Zackai EH, Simon TJ. Specific
Cerebellar Reductions In Children With 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. Neuroscience
- Pendyal A, Berl MM,
Ritzl EK, Rosenberger L, Weber DA, & Gaillard WD. Effect of language task
difficulty on cortical activation in normally developing pediatric subjects.
Pediatric Academic Societies. E-PAS2007:618453.3.
- Peters, L.“Can
Treatment of a Common Medical Illness Exacerbate an Underlying Malignancy?”
(Presented at SGIM National 2013, ACP Colorado 2013)
- Stump, B.,
Klugman, C., & Thornton, B. Last hours of life: encouraging end-of-life
conversations. Journal of Clinical Ethics,
- Klugman, C. & Stump, B. Last hours of life: a qualitative prospective
examination. American Society for Bioethics & Humanities. Washington, DC
- Patil T, Camidge R. Research: Attempt to re-examine the criteria we use to determine
progression of lung cancer and the question we are investigating is whether
patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer who have specific oncogene
mutations that are amenable to targeted therapy show different rates of
response and progression depending on the anatomical location (lung, pleura, or
- Trabectedin: Novel Insights in the Treatment of Advanced Sarcoma. Lopez JP, Gajdos C, Elias A; Curr Oncol Rep. 2014 Jun.
- Idelalisib for the Treatment of Indolent Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Lopez JP, Jimeno A,; Drugs Today. 2014 Mar 13.
- Clemons J, Gao D, Naam M, Breaker K, Garfield D, Flaig TW. Thyroid Dysfunction in Patients Treated with Sunitinib or Sorafenib. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2012;10:225-31.
- Clemons J, Gao D, Flaig TW. Low-Dose Diethylstilbestrol for the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:198-204.
- McKean M, Purcell WT. A Newly Discovered Liver Mass in a 65 Year-Old Woman. Oncology (Williston Park). 2013 Nov;27(11):1162-3, C3.
- Patil T, Camidge R. Research: Re-Examining the Critieria Used to Determine Progression of Lung Cancer; Do patients with metastatic non-small cell lung
cancer who have specific oncogene mutations that are amenable to targeted
therapy show different rates of response and progression depending on the
anatomical location (lung, pleura, or lymph node)?
- Andrew James Weickhardt MBBS,
DMedSc, Benjamin Scheier MD, Joseph Malachy Burke MD, Gregory Gan MD, Xian Lu
MSc, Robert Charles Doebele MD PhD, Paul A. Bunn Jr. MD, Laurie E. Gaspar MD
MBA, Brian D. Kavanagh MD MPH, D. Ross Camidge MD PhD. 2012. Local
ablative therapy of oligoprogressive disease prolongs disease control by
tyrosine kinase inhibitors in oncogene addicted non-small cell lung
cancer. Journal of Thoracic Oncology.
(Accepted for publication)
Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO): Chicago, IL. 6/2012 Continuation
of EGFR/ALK inhibition after local therapy of oligoprogressive disease in EGFR
mutant (Mt) and ALK+ non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Johnson, A.,
Christenson, S., Teixeira, P. Outpatient and inpatient management of a patient
with Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia and hyperviscosity syndrome. Rick
Albert Poster Session, Denver Health.
Denver, Colorado, June 2013
- Johnson, A., Matous,
J. “Doc, I think I have a hernia”: An
unusual presentation of Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
Proc. of Colorado ACP annual
meeting, Denver, Colorado, May 2013
- Johnson, A,
McKinnon, B. Post-labyrinthectomy cochlear implantation in a patient with
Bilateral Langerhans’ Cell Histiocytosis of the Temporal Bone; Proc. Asia Pacific Symposium for Cochlear Implants and Related Sciences,
Singapore, October 2009
- Kanakala, V. “The Role of PSA in
Prostate Cancer Screening” July 2009. Presented at Department of Internal Medicine,
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL
- Lammers, A., Weekes, CD. Refameitinib.
Drugs of the Future. 2013, 38(1): 19-26
- Brimhall B, Research: Impact of Education and Large-Scale Programs on the Prevalence of Bed-Net Use in Ghana. University of Utah. Apr 2008-Jun 2009.
- Brimhall B, Bhide M. A Snake's Kiss Can Be as Deadly as its Bite. Poster presentation at Society for GIM Natinal Meeting. Apr 2013, Denver, CO.
- Brimhall B, Oral Presentation:
The Impact of Education and Large-Scale Programs on the Prevalence of
Bed-Net Use in Ghana. Global Health Conference. Apr 2009. Seattle, WA.
- Changstrom BG,
Brittan M, Somme S, Fenton L, Brumbaugh DE, Soden JS. Heterotaxy and Spenlic
Infarction as a Rare Presentation of Suspected Abdominal Abscess. **Prepared
for submission—Not Submitted**
BG, Gahan TF, Gilchrist MJR, Gill JS. Statewide Surveillance and Forecasting of
West Nile Virus Activity in Iowa. Presented at the 4th biannual
meeting for the International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases, April
- Collins J,
Piriou E, Chelimo K, Rochford R, Ovsyannikova IG, Vulule J, Poland GA, Moormann
AM. Malaria Infection and Measles
Vaccination Efficacy: Cause for Concern?
Poster presentation at the 59th annual meeting of the
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Atlanta, GA
- Collins J,
Kimmel RJ, Ovsyannikova IG, Vulule J, Poland GA, Moormann AM.
Measuring measles virus antibodies using a flow cytometry-based
suspended microsphere assay. Poster
presentation at the 56th annual meeting of the American Society of
Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- Collins J, Reves R, Belknap B. The risk of tuberculosis among students in
the U.S. on an exchange visa. Manuscript in process.
- Puskovic V, Wolfe D, Wechuck J,
Krisky D, Collins J, Glorioso JC, Fink DJ, Mata M. HSV-mediated delivery of erythropoietin
restores dopaminergic function in MPTP-treated mice. Mol Ther. 2006 Nov;14(5):710-5.
TA, Simmons AN, McCurdy D, Irvine Z, Strigo I, Matthews SC, Yang TT, Irvine Z,
Kaye WH. Greater anterior insula activation during anticipation of food images
in women recovered from anorexia nervosa versus controls. Psychiatry Research:
TA, Frank GW, Simmons AN, Wagner A, McCurdy D, Fudge J, Yang TT, Paulus MP,
Kaye WH. Altered insula response to sweet taste processing after recovery from
anorexia and bulimia nervosa. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2013.
A., Allyn, R. (2012, November and 2013, May). Taking the wind out of your sail in the middle of a perfect storm: A
tale of Dyspnea and Thrombus. Poster Presented at: Regional Society of
General Internal Medicine (SGIM) and Local American College of Physicians (ACP)
MI, Yang Y, Altmann CJ, Okamura K, Andres Hernando A, Perez MJ, Smith LP,
Koyanagi DE, Gandjeva A, Bhargava R, Tuder RM, Faubel S, Schmidt EP. Heparanase inhibition prevents acute kidney
injury during experimental sepsis. In
M, Shenoi SV, Brooks RP, Bhushan A, Brust JCM, Zelterman D, Deng Y, Northrup V,
Moll AP, Friedland GH. Natural
Ventilation reduces high TB transmission risk in traditional homes in rural
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. In review.
E, Franke M, Munoz M, Hurtado R, Dallman R, Chalco K, Guerra D, Mestanza L,
Llaro K, Bonilla C, Sebastian JL, Bayona J, Lygizos M, Anger H, Shin S. HIV-positive patients treated for
multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: clinical outcomes in the HAART era. (2012).
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, 16(3):348-354.
JCM, Lygizos M, Chaiyachati K, Scott M, van der Merwe TL, Moll AP, Li X,
Loveday M, Bamber S, Lalloo UG, Friedland GH, Shah S, Gandhi NR. Culture conversion among HIV co-infected
multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients in Tugela Ferry, South Africa
(2011). PLoS One, 6(1):e15841.
E, Dallman R, Munoz M, Hurtado R, Chalco K, Guerra D, Mestanza L, Llaro K,
Bonilla C, Drobac P, Bayona J, Lygizos M, Anger H, Shin S. (2009)
Drug-resistant tuberculosis and pregnancy: Management and treatment of outcomes
of 38 cases in Lima, Peru. Clinical
Infectious Diseases, 48(10):1413-9.
- Clemons J, Hansen M, Mann A, Cheung D, Perica K, Cumbler
E, Virapongse A. The “PAS,” present, and future of admission medication
reconciliation. ACP Local Chapter Scientific Meeting, Denver, CO. May 2014.
Poster Presentation. Winning abstract, Quality Improvement category.
- Jones C, Clemons J, Cumbler E, Honigman B, DeWalt D,
Coleman E, Burke R, Wald H. Hospital to home health care transitions: a gap
analysis of targets for quality improvement. JGIM. 2014;29(Supplement 1):
- Schmitz K, Kempker R, Tenna A, Stenehjem E, Abebe E, Tadesse L, Jirru E, Blumberg H. Research: Effectiveness of a Multimodal Hand Hygiene Campaign and Obstacles to Success in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. AntiMicrobial Resistance & Infection Control 2014, 3:8
- Karlsberg D, Pierce R. Anonymity: An Impediment to Performance in Healthcare. Health Services Insights 2014:7 19-23
- Mason MK. Looking For Trouble - Patient Preference Misdiagnosis and Overtesting: A Teachable Moment. JAMA Intern Med. 2014 Aug 11. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.3429.