- American Heart Association: Quality of Care and
Outcomes Research (AHA/QCOR
2013):Baltimore, MD. 5/2013The Relationship between Readmission Cost and Total Cost
Over Time for Heart Failure.
- Changstrom BG. Incidental discovery of CML after
sudden cardiac arrest due to left ventricular non-compaction and intracranial
hemorrhage. Prepared for submission to AMSSM meeting, 2014.
BE, Beldner S, Katz D, Steckman D, Aleong R, Nguyen D, Schuller J, Sung R, Tzou
WS, Varosy P, Sauer WH. Incidence and Predictors of Pleuritic Chest Discomfort
following Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol.
- Foley TR, Lindenfeld
J. Progression of aortic aneurysms in
cardiac transplant patients: case series and review of the literature
- Moss TJ, Lake DE, Moorman JR.
Local dynamics of heart rate: detection and prognostic implications. Heart
Rhythm. 2013 (under review).
- DeMazumder D, Lake DE, Cheng
A, Moss TJ, Guallar E, Weiss RG, Jones S, Tomaselli GF, Moorman JR. Dynamic analysis of cardiac rhythms for
discriminating atrial fibrillation from lethal ventricular arrhythmias. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013 May 16.
- Peters, L. “Emergent radiofrequency catheter ablation
of ventricular arrhythmias can be safely and effectively performed in patients
with severe heart failure”. (Accepted at HFSA National 2013)
- Daugherty SL, Thompson LE, Kim S, Rao SV, Subherwal S; Tsai
TT, Messenger JM, Masoudi FA. Patterns of Use and Comparative Effectiveness of
Bleeding Avoidance Strategies in Men and Women Following Percutaneous Coronary
Interventions: An Observational Study from the National Cardiovascular Data
Registry®. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(20):2070
- Mason M, Siegel C. Do Inflammatory Bowel Disease Therapies Cause Cancer? Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 May;19(6):1306-21. doi:10.1097/MIB.0b013e3182807618.
- Regner E. ACG Poster Accepted: An Uncommon Cause of Upper
Gastrointestinal Bleeding in a Post-Liver Transplant Patient: Hepatic
- Regner E. ACG Poster Accepted: IBD Surveillance Colonoscopies Require More Time
and Medication Than Screening Colonoscopies for Non-IBD Patients
- Regner E. Research: Studying Intestinal Intra-Epithelial Lymphocytes (IELs) in Colonic Tissue; characterizing the cells and determining extent
of IEL involvement in extra-intestinal manifestations of IBD.
B. Research: Medical Marijuana. University of Colorado, Aurora, CO. Oct 2013 –
B, Hankins SC, Austin GL. Medicare patients under the age of 65 years and
Medicaid patients are more likely to have a suboptimal bowel preparation for
colonoscopy. Manuscript in preparation.
B, Hankins SC, Austin GL. Effect of a low-volume compared to a high-volume
polyethylene glycol bowel preparation solution on prep quality, procedure
times, and adenoma detection rates. Manuscript in preparation.
ME, Isfort RW, Brimhall B, Siegel
CA. Medical marijuana for digestive disorders: High time to prescribe? The
American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014; in press.
- Brimhall B, Hankins SC, Austin GL.
Medicare Patients Under the Age of 65 Years and Medicaid Patients are More
Likely to have a Suboptimal Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy.
Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):S-34-S-35. Oral Presentation at Digestive
Diseases Week, May 2014, Chicago, IL.
- Brimhall B, Hankins SC, Austin GL.
Effect of a Low-volume Compared to a High-volume Polyethylene Glycol Bowel
Preparation Solution on Prep Quality, Procedure Times, and Adenoma Detection
Rates. Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):S-552. Poster Presentation at Digestive
Diseases Week, May 2014, Chicago, IL.
- Jensen-Otsu E, Ward EK, Mitchell B, Schoen JA, Rothchild K, Mitchell NS, Austin GL. The Effect of Medicaid Status on Weight Loss, Hospital Length of Stay, and 30-Day Readmission After Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. Obes Surg. 2014 Jul 15. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25022673
- Gawron AJ,
Veerappan A, McCarthy ST, Kankanala V,
Keswani RN. “Impact of an Incomplete Colonoscopy Referral Program on
Recommendations After Incomplete Colonoscopy.” Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 2013 Mar 2
- Kankanala V, Austin G. “A Diagnostic
Colonoscopy Is Associated With a Lower Adenoma Detection Rate Despite Longer
Withdrawal Times Compared to a Screening or Surveillance Colonoscopy.” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2013; 77(5):
- Kankanala V “A Diagnostic Colonoscopy
Is Associated With a Lower Adenoma Detection Rate Despite Longer Withdrawal
Times Compared to a Screening or Surveillance Colonoscopy.” May 2013. Digestive Disease Week, Orlando, FL
- Kankanala V “Nutritional Considerations
in Patients with Cirrhosis” December 2009. Presented at Department of
Integrative Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine,
- New S, Stratton K, Benson A, Bambha K.
Associations between TEG and Cirrhosis Severity. Oral Presentation at the Young
Investigators Forum/Controversies in Transplantation conference. Breckenridge,
CO. February 2013
- Lo D, Desai AK. Nutrition and Occupational
Performance in the Older Adult. In Barney KF and Perkinson MA (Eds.), Geriatric
Occupational Therapy: Supporting Meaningful Living Through Collaborative
Practice. (under contract with Mosby, Inc.)
- Bish JP, Pendyal A,
Ding L, Ferrante H, Nguyen V, McDonald-McGinn DM, Zackai EH, Simon TJ. Specific
Cerebellar Reductions In Children With 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. Neuroscience
- Pendyal A, Berl MM,
Ritzl EK, Rosenberger L, Weber DA, & Gaillard WD. Effect of language task
difficulty on cortical activation in normally developing pediatric subjects.
Pediatric Academic Societies. E-PAS2007:618453.3.
- Peters, L.“Can
Treatment of a Common Medical Illness Exacerbate an Underlying Malignancy?”
(Presented at SGIM National 2013, ACP Colorado 2013)
- Stump, B.,
Klugman, C., & Thornton, B. Last hours of life: encouraging end-of-life
conversations. Journal of Clinical Ethics,
- Klugman, C. & Stump, B. Last hours of life: a qualitative prospective
examination. American Society for Bioethics & Humanities. Washington, DC
- Patil T, Camidge R. Research: Attempt to re-examine the criteria we use to determine
progression of lung cancer and the question we are investigating is whether
patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer who have specific oncogene
mutations that are amenable to targeted therapy show different rates of
response and progression depending on the anatomical location (lung, pleura, or
- Trabectedin: Novel Insights in the Treatment of Advanced Sarcoma. Lopez JP, Gajdos C, Elias A; Curr Oncol Rep. 2014 Jun.
- Idelalisib for the Treatment of Indolent Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Lopez JP, Jimeno A,; Drugs Today. 2014 Mar 13.
- Clemons J, Gao D, Flaig TW. Low-Dose Diethylstilbestrol for the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:198-204.
- McKean M, Purcell WT. A Newly Discovered Liver Mass in a 65 Year-Old Woman. Oncology (Williston Park). 2013 Nov;27(11):1162-3, C3.
- Patil T, Camidge R. Research: Re-Examining the Critieria Used to Determine Progression of Lung Cancer; Do patients with metastatic non-small cell lung
cancer who have specific oncogene mutations that are amenable to targeted
therapy show different rates of response and progression depending on the
anatomical location (lung, pleura, or lymph node)?
- Johnson, A.,
Christenson, S., Teixeira, P. Outpatient and inpatient management of a patient
with Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia and hyperviscosity syndrome. Rick
Albert Poster Session, Denver Health.
Denver, Colorado, June 2013
- Johnson, A., Matous,
J. “Doc, I think I have a hernia”: An
unusual presentation of Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
Proc. of Colorado ACP annual
meeting, Denver, Colorado, May 2013
- Lammers, A., Weekes, CD. Refameitinib.
Drugs of the Future. 2013, 38(1): 19-26
- Brimhall B, Bhide M. A Snake's Kiss Can Be as Deadly as its Bite. Poster presentation at Society for GIM Natinal Meeting. Apr 2013, Denver, CO.
TA, Simmons AN, McCurdy D, Irvine Z, Strigo I, Matthews SC, Yang TT, Irvine Z,
Kaye WH. Greater anterior insula activation during anticipation of food images
in women recovered from anorexia nervosa versus controls. Psychiatry Research:
TA, Frank GW, Simmons AN, Wagner A, McCurdy D, Fudge J, Yang TT, Paulus MP,
Kaye WH. Altered insula response to sweet taste processing after recovery from
anorexia and bulimia nervosa. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2013.
- Clemons J, Hansen M, Mann A, Cheung D, Perica K, Cumbler
E, Virapongse A. The “PAS,” present, and future of admission medication
reconciliation. ACP Local Chapter Scientific Meeting, Denver, CO. May 2014.
Poster Presentation. Winning abstract, Quality Improvement category.
- Jones C, Clemons J, Cumbler E, Honigman B, DeWalt D,
Coleman E, Burke R, Wald H. Hospital to home health care transitions: a gap
analysis of targets for quality improvement. JGIM. 2014;29(Supplement 1):
- Schmitz K, Kempker R, Tenna A, Stenehjem E, Abebe E, Tadesse L, Jirru E, Blumberg H. Research: Effectiveness of a Multimodal Hand Hygiene Campaign and Obstacles to Success in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. AntiMicrobial Resistance & Infection Control 2014, 3:8
- Karlsberg D, Pierce R. Anonymity: An Impediment to Performance in Healthcare. Health Services Insights 2014:7 19-23
- Mason MK. Looking For Trouble - Patient Preference Misdiagnosis and Overtesting: A Teachable Moment. JAMA Intern Med. 2014 Aug 11. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.3429.