The Program to Advance Gender
Equity (PAGE) was designed by the School of Medicine to advise and implement
strategic initiatives within the DOM to improve gender equity. The program consists
of the Compensation Equity Task Force and the Gender Equity Implementation Task
Force, which have dedicated themselves to the following goals:
The goals of PAGE
- To improved salary transparency and awareness of salary setting
policies by implementing a posting of base salary AAMC and other benchmarking
with a commitment for division administrators and division heads to review
salaries yearly in relation to other faculty at the same rank.
- To launch the PAGE website, which will include updates on progress,
benchmarking data, and information about division-specific incentive plans for
faculty to review.
- To implement a paid parental leave policy for the DOM in
collaboration with Vice Chair of Diversity and Justice that consists of two
weeks of paid leave before use of vacation and sick leave.
- To implement standards regarding standing and search committee
composition within the DOM to include adequate gender representation.
- To promote training in unconscious bias for leadership, all
members of standing and search committees with the goal of training all
- To present process and achievements of PAGE to the Dean and
Department heads to expand the approach to the SOM and the campus.