Bifeng Gao, Ph.D.
Instructor of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver
Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine
Education & Training
Xuzhou Normal College, Xuzhou, China 1985 B.S. Chemistry
Nanjing University, Nanjing, China 1988 M.S. Organic Chemistry
Fudan University, Shanghai, China 1988 M.S. Mol Genetics & Biochem
Chinese Academy of Medl Sci, Beijing, China 1990 Ph.D. Mol Genetics & Biochem
Director and Manager, Affymetrix Microarray Core laboratory, Cancer Center, UCD, Denver, Colorado
Instructor of medicine (School of Medicine), University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado
Postdoctoral fellow, Webb-Waring Institute, University of Colorado Denver
Research Associate, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
- Nomuro I, Ong PY, Gao B, Boguniewicz M, Leung DYM. Differences in gene expression array of superantigen-stimulated cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002 (In Press)
- Robert Mason, B. Gao, Tianli Pan, X. Jiang, M. Eckart, S. Neben, Role of KGF in Regulating Lipogenesis in Alveolar Type II Cells: A Gene Profiling Approach. (Submitted)
- Geraci, M.W., Gao, B., Hoshikawa, Y., Yeager, M.E., Tuder, R.M., and Voelkel, N.F. Genomic approaches to research in pulmonary hypertension. Respiratory Research, In Press, 2001.
- Jotte, R.M., Spalding, A.C., Sugita, M., Gao, B., Geraci, M.W., Franklin, W., and Johnson, G.L. Lung cancers have an altered TRAIL to apoptosis. Submitted
- Geraci, M.W., Shepherd, D.C., Moore, M.D., Vernon, J.D., Gao, B.F., Shannon, J.M., Miller, Y.E. and Voelkel, N.F. Rat prostacyclin synthase: Cloning and regulation of pulmonary mRNA expression in vivo. Submitted.
- Bishop, A.E., Mason, N.A., Chacon, M.R., Mikhail, G., Yacoub, M.H., Cool, C.D., Gao, B., Geraci, M.W., Voelkel, N.F., and Polak, J.M. Reduced expression of prostacyclin receptor in primary pulmonary hypertension. Submitted.
- Geraci, M.W., Moore, M.D., Gessel, T.L., Yeager, M.E., Alger, L., Golpon, H., Gao, B., Loyd, J.E., Tuder, R.M., and Voelkel, N.F. Gene expression patterns in the lungs of patients with primary pulmonary hypertension – A gene microarray analysis. Circulation Research, 88:555-562, 2001.
- Girod, C.E., D.H. Shin, M.W. Geraci, H.B. Warren, L.G. Dobbs, B. Gao, J.S. Rainer, A.K. Bauer, M. Ikegami, J.M. Shannon, and Y.E. Miller. Surfactant protein C promoter-driven expression of T1-alpha induces lung inflammation. Chest 116 (1Suppl):61S, 1999.
- Geraci, M.W., Gao, B., Shepherd, D.C., Moore, M.D., Westcott, J.Y., Alger, L.A., Tuder, R.M., and Voelkel, N.F. Selective pulmonary prostacyclin synthase overexpression in transgenic mice protects against the development of hypoxic pulmonary hypertension. J. Clin. Invest. 103:1509-1515, 1999.
- Geraci, M.W., Lepley, R.A., Gao, B., Tuder, R.M., and Voelkel, N.F. Analysis of gene expression in severe pulmonary hypertension and normal human lung: insights in to pathogenesis. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, A696, 1999.
- Geraci, M.W., Gao, B., Moore, M.D., Lepley, R.A., Tuder, R.M., and Voelkel, N.F. Microarray analysis of gene expression and proteomics in severe pulmonary hypertension and normal human lung. Circulation, 100:I-241, 1999.
- Geraci, M, Gao, B., Shepherd, D, Westcott, J, Tuder, R, and Voelkel, N. Pulmonary prostacyclin synthase overexpression in transgenic mice protects against the development of pulmonary hypertension. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 157: A558, 1998.
- Gao, B., Flores, S. and McCord, J. Expression, Purification, and Characterization of Second Generation of Superoxide Dismutase (In preparation).
- Gao, B. McCord J. (1998). Effects of superoxide dismutases on hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine, 25: S94.
- Geraci, MW, Gao, B., Shepherd D, Allard J, Curiel D, Westcott J, and Voelkel N. (1998). Pulmonary prostacyclin synthase overexpression by adenovirus transfection and in transgenic mice. Chest 114: 99S.
- Gao, B., Flores, S. and McCord, J. (1996). A novel Escherichia coli vector for oxygen? inducible high level expression of foreign genes. Gene 176: 269?272.
- Geraci, M.W., Shepherd, D.C., Moore, M.D., Gao, B., and Voelkel, N.F. (1996). Rat prostacyclin synthase: cloning and regulation of gene expression by steroid hormones and endotoxin. Circulation 94: 3784.
- Gao, B., Flores, S. and McCord, J. (1995). A site?directed mutant of Cu/Zn?superoxide dismutase modeled after native extracellular superoxide dismutase. Biological Trace Element Research 47: 95?100.
- McCord, J., Gao, B., Leff, J. and Flores, S. (1994). Neutrophil generated free radicals: Possible mechanisms of injury in adult respiratory distress syndrome. Environmental Health Perspectives 102 (Suppl 10): 57?60.
- Gao, B., Flores S. and McCord J. (1993). Cloning and characterization of Cu,Zn?SOD variants with altered pharmaceutical properties. FASEB Journal 7: A1066.
- Gao, B., Xu, X., Zhao, M. et al. (1990). High?level expression of human Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase in Escherichia coli. Basic Medical Sciences and Clinics 10: 23?26.
- Gao, B., Xu, X. et al. (1990). Chemical synthesis and cloning of a gene for human Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase. Basic Medical Sciences and Clinics 10: 39?41.
- Gao, B., Min, Y. et al. (1990). Chemical synthesis and cloning of a gene for human calcitonin analogue. Basic Medical Sciences and Clinics 10: 28?31.
- Gao, B., Min, Y., Dai, D., Shi, W. and Wang, Q. (1989). Chemical synthesis of oligodeoxynucleotides. Journal of Fudan University (Natural Sciences) 28: 375?379.
- Gao, B., Deng, Y., Shi, W., Min, Y. and Wang, Q. (1989).