Education & Training
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 1987 B.A. Microbiology
University of Tennessee College of Medicine Memphis, TN 1996 M.D. Medicine
University of Tennessee College of Graduate Sciences Memphis, TN 1999 Ph.D. Biochemistry
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & HONORS
1989 NIH Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship, University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences, Memphis
1990 Alpha Omega Alpha Student Research Fellowship Award
1990 Ralph R. Braund Young Investigator in Cancer Research Award
1991 Capitola Edmundson Cancer Research Fellowship Award
1996 - 1997 Internal Medicine Internship, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
1997 - 1999 Internal Medicine Categorical Residency, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
1999 - 2002 Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine University of Colorado Denver, CO
2002 - 2005 Instructor of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO
2002 - 2005 Staff Physician, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Denver Veterans Affairs, Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Denver, CO
2002 – 2006 Veteran Administration Associate Investigatorship
2005 - Present Assistant Professor of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO
2006 – Present
Veterans Administration Advanced Career Development Award
- Jennings, L.K., Crossno, Jr., J.T., Fox, C.F., White, M.M., and Green, C.A.: Platelet p24/CD9, a member of the tetraspanin family of proteins. Annals of N.Y. Acad. Sci. (1994) 714, 175-184.
- Jennings, L.K., Crossno, Jr., J.T., and White, M.M. 1995. CD9 Cluster Workshop Report: Cell surface binding and functional analysis. Leukocyte Typing V White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Volume II Schlossman et. al. eds. Oxford University Press, Oxford, Great Britain. Pp. 1249-1251.
- Jennings, L.K., Crossno, Jr., J.T., and White, M.M. : CD9 Structure and Function: Berndt, M.C., (ed) Platelets, Thrombosis, and the Vessel Wall, Advances in Vascular Biology, Gordon and Breach, Inc., 1997.
- Cook, G.A., Wilkinson, D.A., Crossno, Jr., J.T., Raghow, R. and Jennings, L.K. : The tetraspanin CD9 influences the adhesion, spreading, and pericellular fibronectin matrix assembly of Chinese hamster ovary cells on human plasma fibronectin. Exp. Cell Res. (1999) 251(2): 356-371.
- Longhurst, C.M., Crossno, Jr., J.T., Fitzgerald, D.A., White, M.M., Bao, J., Fitzgerald, T.J., Raghow, R. and Jennings, L.K.: Chinese Hamster Ovary cell motility to fibronectin is modulated by the second extracellular loop of CD9: Identification of a putative fibronectin binding site. J. Biol Chem. (2002) 277 (36): 32445-32452.
- Cook, G.A., Longhurst, C.M., Grgurevich, S., Crossno, Jr., J.T., and Jennings, L.K.: Identification of CD9 extracellular domains important in regulation CHO cell adhesion to fibronectin and fibronectin pericellular matrix assembly. Blood (2002) 100 (13): 4502-4511.
- Frid, M.G., Aldashez, A.A., Crossno, J.T., Jorgensen, J.M., Kale, V.A., and Stenmark, K.R.: Yin and Yang of an endothelial cell: from normal to the extreme in growth, secretion, and transdifferentiation capabilities. Paediatri Respir Rev. (2004) 5: Suppl A: S253-257.
- Davie, N.J., Crossno, Jr., J.T., Frid, M.G., Hofmeister, S.E., Reeves, J.T., Hyde, D.M., Carpenter, T.C., Bunetti, J.A., McNiece, I.K., and Stenmark, K.R.: Hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery adventitial remodeling and neovascularization: contribution of progenitor cells. Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. (2004) 286: L668-L678.
- Crossno, Jr., J.T., Morris, Jr., K.G. and Klemm, D.J. Attenuation of hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery remodeling by a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonist. Chest (2005) Dec; 128(6 Suppl): 580S.