Pub Med Articles
1) Kunisaki KM, Janoff EN. Influenza in immunosuppressed populations:a review of infection frequency, morbidity, mortality, and vaccine responses. Lancet Infect Dis; 2009; 9:493-504.
2) Jackson LA, Janoff EN. Pneumococcal vaccination of elderly adults:new paradigms for protection. Clin Infect Dis 2008; 47:1328-38.
3) Mantis NJ, Palaia J, Hessell AJ, Mehta S, Zhu Z, Corthésy B, Neutra MR, Burton DR, Janoff EN. Inhibition of HIV-1 infectivity and epithelial cell transfer by immunoglobulin A monoclonal antibody b12. J Immunol 2007; 179:3144-52.
4) Boulware DR, Daley C, Merriwether C, Hopewell P, Janoff EN. Rapid diagnosis of pneumococcal pneumonia among HIV-infected adults with urine antigen detection and CRP. J Infect 2007; 55: 300-9.
5) Shapiro RL, Lockman S, Kim S, Smeaton L, Rahkola JT, Thior I, Wester C, Moffat C, Arimi P, Ndase P, Asmelash A, Stevens L, Montano M, Makhema J, Essex M, Janoff EN. Infant morbidity, mortality, and breast milk immunologic profiles among breastfeeding HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected women in Botswana. J Infect Dis 2007; 196:562-9 .
6) Fasching CE, Grossman T, Corthesy B, Plaut AG, Weiser JN, Janoff EN. Impact of the molecular form of IgA on functional activity in defense against Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun. 2007;75: 1801-10.
7) Feikin DR, Feldman C, Schuchat A, Janoff EN. Global strategies to prevent bacterial pneumonia in adults with HIV disease: an evidence-based review. Lancet Infect Dis 2004;4:445-455.
8) Weiser JN, Bae, D, Fasching C, Scamurra RW, Ratner AJ, Janoff EN. Antibody-enhanced pneumococcal adherence requires IgA1 protease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2003:100:4215-4220
9) Scamurra RW, Nelson DB, Lin XM, Miller DJ, Silverman GJ, Kappel T, Thurn JR, Lorenz E, Kulkarni-Naria A, Janoff EN. Mucosal plasma cell repertoire during HIV-1 infection. J Immunol 2002;169:4008-4016.
10) Janoff EN, Fasching C, Orenstein JM, Rubins JB, Opstad NL, Dalmasso AP. Killing of Streptococcus pneumoniae by capsular polysaccharide-specific polymeric IgA, complement, and phagocytes. J Clin Invest 1999;104:1139-47.