The University of Colorado GI Division will be participating in the NRMP Match for the Fellowship year beginning in July 2014. For our Match positions we will be using the ERAS system. Please visit http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm for more information on ERAS.
Applications are due no later than August 31.
TBD for 2017
Information regarding ranking/tracks:
We will be posting three clinical tracks and two
research tracks. The research track includes basic science and clinical
research (including Master of Public Health). These tracks are not set in
stone, and are flexible upon starting the fellowship.
Fellow Recruitment and Selection Criteria
The following are required for consideration and entry into the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology Fellowship program at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
1. A documented strong interest in gastroenterology as judged by statement, prior training, or research experience.
2. Taken and passed USMLE parts I and II, or equivalent test, with minimum of average score on both tests (typically about 200).
3. Excellent references from a minimum of three physicians or researchers with whom the applicant has worked on a regular basis for at least one month.
4. Graduation from an accredited medical school with documented Dean's letter or equivalent, and documented grades. Graduation in top 2/3 of the class.
5. Ability to understand, speak, read, and write the English language, including English medical jargon exceeding conversational level.
6. Ability to comprehend and utilize computer software typically used in an USA hospital setting.
7. Documented continuous medical treatment of patients, with lapses not to exceed three years (exceptions may be made for pregnancy and related childcare activities, or for Ph.D. attainment). Patient treatment may include medical school or prior residency training.
8. Residents in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine.
9. Completion of a PGY-3 year in Internal Medicine in an ACGME-accredited program prior to entering PGY-4 in gastroenterology. This must conform to gastroenterology RRC requirements.