My research is focused on pathophysiology of thyroid cancer in hope to find better ways to treat advanced forms of this disease.
- Peachey NS, Ray TA, Florijn R; Rowe LB, Spoerdsma T, Contreras-Alcantara S, Baba K, Tosini G, Pozdeyev N, Iuvone PM, Bojang P, Pearring JN, Simonsz HJ; van Genderen N, Birch DG, Traboulsi EI, Dorfman A, Lopez I, Ren H, Goldberg AF, Nishina PM, Lachapelle P, McCall MA; Koenekoop RC; Bergen AA, Kamermans M, Gregg RG. GPR179 is required for depolarizing bipolar cell function and is mutated in autosomal recessive complete congenital stationary night blindness. The American Journal of Human Genetics. 2012 Feb 10;90(2):331-9.
- Sengupta A, Baba K, Mazzoni F, Pozdeyev N, Strettoi E, Iuvone PM, Tosini G. Localization of melatonin receptor 1 in mouse retina and its role in the circadian regulation of the electroretinogram and dopamine levels. PLoS One. 2011;6(9):e24483. Epub 2011 Sep 7.
- Baba K, Pozdeyev N, Mazzoni F, Contreras-Alcantara S, Liu C, Kasamatsu M, Martinez-Merlos T, Strettoi E, Iuvone PM, Tosini G. Melatonin modulates visual function and cell viability in the mouse retina via the MT1 melatonin receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Sep 1;106(35):15043-8.
- Cameron MA, Pozdeyev N, Vugler AA, Cooper H, Iuvone PM, Lucas RJ. Light regulation of retinal dopamine that is independent of melanopsin phototransduction. Eur J Neurosci. 2009 Feb;29(4):761-7.
- Pozdeyev N, Tosini G, Li L, Ali F, Rozov S, Lee RH and Iuvone PM. Dopamine modulates diurnal and circadian rhythms of protein phosphorylation in photoreceptor cells of mouse retina. Eur. J. Neurosci, 2008 27:2691-2700.
- Tosini G, Pozdeyev N, Sakamoto K, Iuvone PM. The circadian clock system in the mammalian retina. BioEssays, 2008, 30:624-633. Review.
- Chaurasia SS, Haque R, Pozdeyev N, Jackson CR, Iuvone PM. Temporal coupling of cyclic AMP and Ca/calmodulin-stimulated adenylyl cyclase to the circadian clock in chick retinal photoreceptor cells. J Neurochem. 2006 Nov;99(4):1142-50
- Pozdeyev N, Taylor C, Haque R, Chaurasia SS, Visser A, Thazyeen A, Du Y, Fu H, Weller J, Klein DC, Iuvone PM. Photic regulation of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase binding to 14-3-3 proteins in retinal photoreceptor cells. J Neurosci. 2006 Sep 6;26(36):9153-61.
- Chaurasia SS, Pozdeyev N, Haque R, Visser A, Ivanova TN, Iuvone PM Circadian clockwork machinery in neural retina: Evidence for the presence of functional clock components in photoreceptor-enriched chick retinal cell cultures. Molecular Vision 2006; 12:215-223.
- Iuvone PM, Tosini G, Pozdeyev N, Haque R, Klein DC, Chaurasia SS. Circadian clocks, clock networks, arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase, and melatonin in the retina. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2005 Jul;24(4):433-56. Review.
I selected the three year long academic endocrinology fellowship run by
people whom I will be happy to work with; located in the place my family will be happy to live in.
We see a great variety of patients with both common and very rare endocrine diagnoses. Excellent research opportunities make our program best for fellows interested in an academic career.
Beautiful nature and friendly people.