Subject to enrollment and verification of eligibility, the following benefits are available to residents through the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine Graduate Medical Education.
These are the benefits for the current plan year (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018). Please refer to the GME website for the most current and/or additional information - www.medschool.ucdenver.edu/gme
- In or out-of-network reimbursement options
- Prescription drug program
- No pre-existing conditions clause
Preventive, basic and major dental service levels
Deductible ($50.00 per person/$100.00 per family) waived for preventive services
$50,000 group term life insurance
Additional $50,000 for accidental death or dismemberment
Terminally ill accelerated benefits
Coverage available only to resident (no monthly premium contribution)
- Optional vision plan with nationwide company is available to residents and their dependents through payroll deduction. (CU GME Health/Dental Benefits Plan does NOT cover routine eye exams, contacts, glasses).
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Optional participating in an FSA, an IRS Section 125 Flexible benefit plan, is available. This reduces taxable income by allowing payment for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses that are not covered or reimbursed by insurance or eligible day care expenses from a pre-tax account.
- For further information on Flexible Spending Accounts, contact the CU Payroll and Benefits Services at 303-860-4200.
- 21 paid calendar days each year (15 weekdays)
- Five days educational leave during PGY2 and PGY3
- Coverage provided by University of Colorado
- PGY1 - $55,739
- PGY2 - $58,455
- PGY3 - $60,460
Housestaff Educational Funds
- Can be used for books, software, conference travel expenses or registrations.
- The total amount available to the residency will be determined by Graduate Medical Education and the allocation determined by the program director.