- Social Media, Integration, and Patient-Centeredness: Key Ingredients for the Patient-Centered Medical Home (link to webcast)
Social Medial slides (9 Mb PDF)
Benjamin Miller, PsyD
- Leadville Trail 100: "The Race Across the Sky" (link to web cast)
Morteza Khodaee, MD, MPH, John Hill, DO, Justin Lee, MD, & Rebecca Myers, MD
- Occupational Hazards of Physicians (link to web cast)
Doris Gundersen, MD & Martha Illige, MD
- Patient Satisfaction (link to webcast)
Patient Satisfaction Slides - 11 MB PowerPoint
Christina Finlayson, MD & Suzanne Sullivan
- Pediatric Feeding Challenges (link to webcast)
Laura Pickler, MD, MPH, Rhonda Gramer, CCC-SLP, Kimberly Korth, MA, OTR, & Arinn Makovsky, MS, RD
- Let's Talk Food – Helping Your Patients Adopt a Healthy Diet
November, 2009 / Bonnie Jortberg MS, RD, CDE & John Nagle, MPA
- Medical Marijuana
October, 2009/ Eric Eisenbud M.D. and Kevin Boyle M.D.
- What's Faith Got to Do With It? Spiritual Sensitivity and the Art of Healing (link to web cast)
Spiritual Sensitivity and the Art of Healing PowerPoint Slides - 1 MB
September 2009 / Julian Hsu, MD, and Cal Wilson, MD
- Heat Emergencies (link to web cast)
August 2009 / Michael H. Bross, MD
- Overuse Syndromes in Children and Adolescents
Overuse Syndromes PowerPoint Slides (5 MB)
July 2009 / Greg Gutierrez, MD
- Chronic Pain Management as Chronic Illness: Patient Self-Management Strategies (link to web cast)
Chronic Pain Management PowerPoint Slides - 4 MB, Pain Self-Management Goal Form (PDF)
June, 2009/ David Nowels, MD, Samantha Monson, MA, and Marc Grushan, MD
- Informing New Models of Care for Persons with Multiple Chronic Conditions: The Patient's Perspective (link to webcast)
Informing new models of care slides - 3 MB
May, 2009 / Elizabeth Bayliss, MD
- Childhood Obesity: Practical Tips for the Busy Family Physician (link to webcast)
Childhood Obesity PowerPoint slides - 16 MB, Childhood Obesity PowerPoint handout - 2MB
April, 2009 / Walt Larimore, MD
- Health Reform and Family Medicine in Chile
March, 2009 / Michael K Park, MD
- From Personal Health Care to Healthier Communities- SI SE PUEDE! (Yes, it can be done)
January, 2009 / Christopher Urbina, M.D.
- Diabetes and Depression: A Potential Lethal Comorbidity
Wayne Katon, M.D.
- Understanding Happiness: How to be a Happy Doctor
Paul Schadler, M.D.
- Prevention-Oriented Primary Care: Changing Health, Changing Behavior
Robert Feinstein, M.D.
- Assessment and Management of the Female Breast
Katherine Anderson, M.D.
- Update in the Non-Surgical Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee (PDF of slides)
Morteza Khodaee, MD, MPH
- Germ Proof Your Patients! – Beyond Antibiotics and Vaccines
Harley A. Rotbart, M.D.
- Challenging Conversations at the End of Life
Rod Gottula, M.D. and David Nowels, M.D.
- Pandemic Influenza: Potentially much worse than this year’s influenza outbreak. Are we ready?
Lauren DeAlleaume, M.D.
- The Health Impact of Active Cultures: Probiotics
Mary Ellen Sanders, Ph.D.
- Understanding the Diagnosis and Treatment Needs for Autism Spectrum Disorders (PDF of slides)
Robin L. Gabriels, Psy.D. & Laura Pickler, MD, MPH
- Take Home Messages (PDF) , Neuropsychiatric Special Care Program (PDF), Mental Health Community Resources (PDF)
- Patient Care: What’s Quality Got to Do With It?
Colleen Conry, M.D.
- Paps and HPV 2007: Updates for busy Clinicians
Lauren DeAlleaume, M.D., and Barbara Kelly, M.D.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Practice
James F. Jones, M.D., and Pete Smith, M.D.
- Caring for Families in Generational Poverty: The Barriers and Impact on Health
Allegra Melillo, M.D. and Maggie Tidwell
- Failure to Thrive and Pediatric Undernutrition
Marc Grushan, M.D. and Pete Dawson, M.D.
- Practical, Mindful Eating (Powerpoint slides - 2 MB)
Martha Illige, M.D.
- Cosmetic Dermatology in Primary Care (Powerpoint slides - 12 MB)
Jenifer Hammond, M.D. and Anita Wolfe, F.N.P.
- Information Mastery for the 21st Century (Powerpoint slides - 4.5 MB)
Peter C. Smith, MD
- Shared Medical Appointments: An Overview
Brent Jaster, MD; Ginger Raterink, DNSc, ANP-C; and John Scott, M.D., FACP
- Improving Antibiotic Use for Acute (and not so cute) Respiratory Infections: The Data and the Reality
Adam Jackson, PharmD, and David Price, M.D.
- A Brief History of Family Medicine
February 7, 2007
Michael Park, M.D.
- The Doctor’s Perspective?
January 3, 2007
Joseph Ramos, MD
- A Council of Elders: Engaging the Third Voice in Collaborative Practice(s)
December 6, 2006
Arlene Katz, PhD
- Reach Out and Read – the Whys and the Wherefores
November 1, 2006
K. Inger Fedde, M.D., Steve Vogler, M.D., M.S.P.H. and Megan Wilson, M.P.S.
- The Migrant Farmworker and the Health Impacts of Immigration Legislation
October 4, 2006
Brian Bacak, MD, Tillman Farley, MD, and Ozzie Grenardo, MD
- Implementation of the Chronic Care Model in Residency, First Annual Report
September 6 , 2006
Dan Burke, MD and David Graham, MD
- Current Management of Diabetes Mellitus
August 2, 2006
Michael McDermott, MD and Steven Stahl, MD, MBA
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Diagnosis and Management in Family Medicine
July 5, 2006
Marija Dubrick , MD
- Genetics and Rural Family Medicine
June 7, 2006
Andre Huffmire, MD
- Reclaiming the Ideals of Family Medicine: The Real Scientific Evidence
May 3, 2006
John Abramson, MD
- One-up/One-Down Relationships: A Psychological Pandemic and Barrier to Effective Healthcare
April 5, 2006
Martha Illige, MD; John Mariner, LCSW; Mary Simon, Psy.D
- Hypertension in the Very Elderly
March 1, 2006
Bennet Parnes, M.D.
- Continuity of Care: Does it Matter? And to Whom?
February 1, 2006
Lucy W. Loomis, M.D., M.S.P.H.
- Acute Back Pain Management & Prevention of Chronic Back Pain
January 4 , 2006
John Hill, D.O., FAAFP, FACSM