Westwood Family Health Center
4320 West Alaska Place
I grew up in Southern California and went to medical school in Manhattan. Denver is a happy medium, where one can balance work with play. Non-work interests include club Ultimate Frisbee, telemark skiing, and world travel. My wife and I enjoy taking Samba (our dog) on hikes in the Colorado wilderness.
I dabble in research when I find some time. My interests include residency education, practice improvement, and quality measures. I enjoy going to conferences, especially in exotic locales such as Puerto Rico and Montreal.
I am Team Leader at the Westwood Family Health Center, which is one of the community health centers affiliated with Denver Health. I enjoy working with a mainly Latino population and the urban poor. The mission to serve the vulnerable and needy motivates me to be a great family physician.
I am Assistant Professor at the University of Colorado. I supervise residents in the hospital (the Adult Family Medicine service and the L&D) and precept in the clinic (the Lowry Family Health Center). I also give lectures during the Wednesday afternoon didactics and run the monthly resident Journal Club. I enjoy working with residents and teaching; it is like going back to school!
- American Academy of Family Practice
- National Health Service Corps, Ambassador
- North American Primary Care Research Group
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Ultimate Players Association
PUBLICATIONS AND GREY LITERATURE:
- Lee JH & Jafek BW. “Antimicrobial Therapy in Otolaryngology”. In Jafek BW and Murrow BW, eds: ENT Secrets, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Hanley and Balfus, 2001, p. 219-225.
- Lee JH. Chlamydia. PEPID Primary Care Plus. Skokie, IL: PEPID. April, 2005. (http://www.pepidonline.com/Main.aspx).
- Loomis L, Lee JH, Tweed E, Fashner J. What is appropriate fetal surveillance for women with diet-controlled gestational diabetes? Journal of Family Practice. March, 2006. 55(3):238-240.
- Lee JH. Mitral Regurgitation. PEPID Primary Care Plus. Skokie, IL: PEPID. March, 2006. (http://www.pepidonline.com/Main.aspx).
- Silva R, Lee JH, Tweed E, Paulson CP. Is guaifenesin safe during pregnancy? Journal of Family Practice. August, 2007. 56(8): 669-70.