AF Williams Family Medicine Center at Stapleton
3055 Roslyn St #100
Denver, CO 80238
I am from Colorado and completed my undergraduate education at Colorado State University. I then attended medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. I then joined the Navy and completed my family medicine residency training at Naval Hospital Jacksonville, in Jacksonville Florida. After completing my residency, I was stationed overseas at Naval Hospital Sigonella in southern Italy where my family and I lived for three years. I practiced the full scope of family medicine to include outpatient clinic, inpatient, ER coverage, OB and newborn care. After completing my tour in Italy, I separated from the Navy and joined the Research Family Medicine Residency Program in Kansas City, MO as faculty. I completed a Faculty Development Fellowship through the University of North Carolina during this time as well. After four years as faculty, I had the opportunity to move my family back to Colorado and join the University of Colorado Family Medicine Residency Program as a faculty member during the summer of 2011.
I currently practice the full scope of family medicine at AF Williams Family Medicine Center, and serve as a faculty to the family medicine residents.
I currently serve as the Deputy Editor in Chief for the Family Physician Inquiries Networ’s (FPIN) publications call “Help Desk Answers”. With this role, I participate in onsite writing and scholarly program development for family medicine residencies around the country.
Within the University of Colorado Family Medicine Residency, I coordinate the scholarly activity for the residents and sit on the Education Planning Committee.
Within the University, I serve as a member on the UPI Credentialing committee.
PUBLICATIONS AND GREY LITERATURE:
1. Lyon C. Urethritis, Clinics in Family Practice Special issue: Sexually transmitted Diseases, 2005 March; 7(1), 31-41
2. Lyon C, Schnall J. What is the best treatment for nocturnal enuresis in children. J Fam Pract. 2005 Oct; 54(10): 905-9
3. Lyon C, Clark D. Diagnosis of Acute Abdomen in Older Patients. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Nov 1; 74(9): 1537-44
4. Lyon C. What is the best treatment for ingrown toenails? Evidence-Based Practice. 2008; 11(7): 3
5. Stevens R, Lyon C. Nutritional vitamin D deficiency: a case report. Cases Journal 2009. 2:7000 http://casesjournal.com/casesjournal/article/view/7000
6. Lyon C. DVT Prophylaxis in the hospitalized medical patient. Evidence-Based Practice. 2010; 13(6): 7
7. Schauner S, Lyon C. Bivalent HPV Recombinant Vaccine (Cervarix) for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer. Am Fam Physician. 2010 Dec 15; 82(12): 1546-1547