AF Williams Family Medicine Center at Stapleton
3055 Roslyn St #100
Denver, CO 80238
Dr. Kelly has practiced in family medicine for more than 20 years with a focus on the patient within the context of the whole person and his/her family and community. She focuses on women’s health care including obstetrics and procedural care delivered within the overall medical and psychological care of the person. Most recently she has been striving to create a patient-centered medical home within the university community. Her goal is care of all the medical and psychosocial needs of the patient, delivering such complete and seamless care within the large university and community systems of care. Dr. Kelly has practiced in teaching settings for the last 15 years training future doctors, nurses, midwives and medical assistants in the care of patients. This helps to keep her current and up-to date on the latest in medical knowledge and procedures. Dr. Kelly is part of a national group of family doctors who are promoting family medicine in hospital care and procedural care as essential in taking care of patients from before birth through end-of-life care. Dr. Kelly recently was selected as a physician champion in EPIC at University Hospital and will work to create electronic medical systems that work better in the care of patients. Dr. Kelly serves as Medical Director at A. F. Williams Family Medicine Center at Stapleton, a large resident and faculty family medicine clinic serving the University of Colorado Denver, Stapleton and surrounding communities.
Dr. Kelly has published in obstetrics, procedural care within family medicine, family medicine residency training, and plans further study of the patient centered medical home and electronic medical records and systems of care.
- Colorado Academy of Family Physicians
- Preconception Care Working Group—a task force under the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) - Advisory Faculty—National position allowing me to function as course director for ALSO courses, both national and international
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology - Active Fellow
- Society of Teachers in Family Medicine (STFM)
- Phoenix Summit Member - STFM Group on Hospital Medicine and Procedural Training
PUBLICATIONS AND GREY LITERATURE
- Kiernan RM, Kelly BF. The ABC Book: After Baby Comes. Small handbook for parents of newborns and children age 1 to 3. 1987.
- Kelly BF, Burroughs M. Does treatment of acne with Retin-A and tetracycline cause adverse effects? J Fam Pract 2004;53(4):316-318.
- Kelly BF Possible Indicators of Fetal Abnormality in Ratcliffe SD, Baxely EG, et al editors: Family Practice Obstetrics, 3rd Ed, Philadelphia, 2008, Mosby.
- Nothnagle M, Sicilia JM, Forman S, Fish J, Ellert W, Gebhard R, Kelly BF, Pfenninger JL, Tuggy M, Rodney WM. Required procedural training in Family Medicine Residency: A consensus statement. Fam Med 2008;40(4):248-52.
- Kelly BF, Sicilia JM, Forman S, Ellert W, Nothnagle M. Advanced Procedural Training in Family Medicine: A Consensus Statement. Fam Med accepted for publication January 2009.