Cancer Biology Program Students
1. Why did you choose the UC Denver Cancer Biology Program?
I chose UC Denver for the location (i.e. mountains) and the collaborative research environment. As a BSP student, I chose the Cancer Biology Program after a year of first-hand experience where I discovered that I wanted to conduct research and my education specifically in cancer.
2. What labs did you rotate in?
Steve Anderson, PhD
David Bentley, PhD
Jennifer Richer, PhD
Twila Jackson, PhD
3. What lab you joined and why:
I joined Twila Jackson’s lab both because I was interested in signaling research and I was comfortable with the lab environment.
4. Please describe you project?
I work on rapid estrogen receptor signaling in endometrial cancer.
5. Where did you attend undergraduate school and what was your major/minor?
Gustavus Adolphus College (St. Peter, MN)
BA, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Chemistry
6. What you did (if anything) between undergraduate and graduate school?
I entered graduate school straight out of undergraduate.
7. Other school affiliated activities/clubs you are involved in?
8. What do you like to do outside of school?
Hiking, camping, reading.
9. What is your favorite thing about Colorado?
Having both dry, sunny summers as well as snowy winters.
10. Your contact information-
a. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. phone number: 218-428-9494
c. office number: 303-724-3513