Cancer Biology Program Students
1. Why did you choose the UC Denver Cancer Biology Program?
a. The recruitment experience was by far the best one I had, the facilities are all very new, the campus
has a young vibrant and exciting feel to it, and you can’t beat the location… right against the Rocky Mountains!
2. What labs are you rotating in?
a. I rotated in Twila Jackson’s, Jennifer Richer’s, and Pepper Schedin’s labs and joined Pepper Schedin’s
3. Please describe you project?
a. I am looking at the possibility that the involuting mammary gland is able to prime secondary sites as
metastatic niches, or that these metastatic niches arise due to systemic effects of involution as a means to
understand why women diagnosed with breast cancer in the postpartum period generally have increased incidence of
metastatic disease and decreased overall survival when compared to non-postpartum breast cancer diagnoses.
4. Where did you attend undergraduate school and what was your major/minor?
a. University of Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!), B.S. in microbiology
5. What you did (if anything) between undergraduate and graduate school?
a. I traveled to Brazil and lived out of a backpack for 3 months while exploring the South American
6. Other school affiliated activities/clubs you are involved in?
7. What do you like to do outside of school?
a. Play soccer, bike, hike, travel, and learn new outdoor activities
8. What is your favorite thing about Colorado?
a. The mountains
9. Your contact information-
a. email email@example.com
b. phone number 785 393 7982
c. office number