- BSc, Chemistry, American University, Cairo, Egypt (1964)
- MS, Chemistry, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois (1967)
- PhD, Organic Chemistry, University of California Davis, Davis, California (1971)
Postdoctoral Fellowship, West Virginia University, Deptartment of Chemistry, Morgantown, West Virginia (1971-1972)
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California San Francisco, Deptartment of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, San Francisco, California (1972-1974)
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California Los Angeles, Deptartment of Pharmacology, Los Angeles, California (1974-1976)
- Stereochemical aspects of drug action and disposition
- History of Science
- The language of Science
- Pyrgaki C, Steve J, Bannister S, Gera L, Gerber, JG, Gal J. Stereoselective determination of the epimer mixtures of itraconazole in human blood plasma using HPLC and fluorescence detection. Chirality, 23: 495-503 (2011).
- Gal J. Louis Pasteur, language, and molecular chirality–I. Background and dissymmetry. Chirality, 23: 1-16 (2011).
- Gal J. Stereochemical vocabulary for structures that are chiral but not asymmetric: History, analysis, and proposal for a rational terminology. Chirality, 23: 647-659 (2011).
- Gal J. Louis Pasteur, Stereochemist. Kémiai Panoráma, 2: 4-8 (2011).
- Gal J. The discovery of stereoselectivity at biological receptors: Arnaldo Piutti, the asparagine enantiomers, and sweet taste – a review and analysis on the 125th anniversary. Chirality, 24: 959-976 (2012).
- Gal J. The discovery of stereoselectivity at biological receptors – Arnaldo Piutti and the taste of the enantiomers of asparagine. Kémiai Panoráma, 4: 8-11 (2012).
- Gal J, Cintas P. Early history of the recognition of molecular biochirality. In Biochirality: Origins, Evolution, and Molecular Recognition, Pedro Cintas, editor. Springer, 2013, in press.
- Gal J. Molecular Chirality: Language, History, and Significance. In Enantiomers Separation, Volker Schurig, editor, Springer, 2013, in press.
AMC Leprino Building
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
12401 East 17th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80045