This program addresses the needs of hearing health care professionals in updating their knowledge and skills in the field of otolaryngology and related sciences. It is directed toward otolaryngologists, audiologists and affiliated professionals.
The combined Ultimate Colorado Midwinter Meeting and the Colorado Otology - Audiology Conference offers two simultaneous sessions held throughout the week. One covers general topics for the otolaryngologist and the other in-depth topics in otology and audiology.
Attendees may elect to participate in the sessions of their choice. Lectures and panel discussions, conducted by an international faculty, will provide information to increase knowledge and competence of health care professionals and to improve quality of patient care and health outcomes.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Analyze newly released clinical guidelines regarding quality improvement opportunities in managing otitis media
- Evaluate evidence basis for grafts and sutures in nasal valve surgery
- Identify best practices in perioperative management of venous thromboembolic events, antibiotics, and drains
- Assess new knowledge in selection of rehabilitative strategies for single sided deafness
- Acquire knowledge through direct observation of new surgical techniques of endoscopic surgery for chronic rhinosinusitis
The University of Colorado School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Americans with Disabilities Act
It is the policy of University of Colorado School of Medicine not to discriminate against any person on the basis of disabilities. If you feel you need services or auxiliary aids mentioned in the ADA in order to fully participate in this continuing education activity, please email Rebecca Megill or attach a note to your registration form.