Individuals with exceptional qualifications who aspire to thrive in the areas articulated by our mission and philosophy are invited to apply. The following are specific to Pediatric Otolaryngology for the recruitment process:
- The program participates in the San Francisco Matching Program and advertises through the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (ASPO) with the unified application process as the two recruitment methods for obtaining fellowship candidates. The program is accredited for a training length of 1 year.
- Applicants must have successfully completed 5 years of an otolaryngology residency, passed USMLE steps 2 and 3, and submit 3 letters of recommendations with their application to the program.
- Applications are accepted beginning in September of each year and continuing throughout February for one PGY-6 fellowship training position.
- These applications are reviewed by the Program Director and Associate Program Director for consideration to invite for interviews. There are approximately 13-15 applicants chosen to interview and are either emailed or called to visit the program in April. All applicants are individually interviewed by the primary six TCH pediatric otolaryngology faculty that supervise the fellowship training experience. The ranking of the applicants follows with subsequent faculty discussion for a majority vote.
- The matched applicant will spend 100% of their time at Children's Hospital Colorado as the primary teaching site of rotation with 6 supervising attending faculty.
- The UC Denver School of Medicine recognizes that residents enrolled in its programs are trainees, not employees. As such, all applicants also must be able to meet conditions of the institutional requirements.
Fellows in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine. The Department follows GME requirements for application. The program is located in the Denver metro area, check out some Interesting Facts about Living in Denver.
If you are an international medical school graduate there are Additional Requirements.
GME Benefits Information:
GME Stipends Information: