The CU Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program accepts applications for PGY 1 residency positions through the ERAS application system. Six PGY-1 positions are available each year. Applications are accepted from September 15 through November 1. Interviews are typically held in January. Invitations for these interviews are sent during October/November.
How to Apply
A completed ERAS application must include the following:
- 3 letters of recommendation (up to 4 may be submitted)
- Personal Statement
- Copy of USMLE Step 1 scores (must have passed with a score of 200 or higher) OR COMLEX equivalent
- Copy of USMLE Step 2 scores if available OR COMLEX equivalent
- Completed ERAS Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Dean's Letter (MSPE)
Applications submitted by International Medical Graduates must also include the following:
Residents in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine.