The CU Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program accepts applications for PGY-1 residency positions through the ERAS application system. Seven PGY-1 positions are available each year. Applications are accepted from September 15 through November 1. Interviews are typically held in January, and invitations for interviews are usually sent the middle of November.
How to Apply
A completed ERAS application must include the following:
- 3 letters of recommendation (up to 4 may be submitted)
- Personal Statement
- Copy of USMLE Step 1 scores
- Copy of USMLE Step 2 scores if available
- Completed ERAS Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Dean's Letter (MSPE)
Applications submitted by International Medical Graduates must also include the following:
Residents in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine.