"2012 CU Sports Medicine Fall Symposium"
Friday, September 28, 2012
Location: CU Stadium Club, Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Join CU Sports Medicine on September 28, 2012 as we welcome keynote speakers:
• George Davies, DPT, MED, PT, SCS, ATC, LAT, CSCS, ACSM-CET, APTA-CCI, SMAC, (REMT), FAPTADepartment of Physical Therapy, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah, GA
At the conclusion of this symposium, participants of the symposium should be able to:
• Distinguish indications for surgical and non-operative treatments of rotator cuff tears.
• Integrate the latest and most effective strategies for physical examination of the shoulder and enhance competency for reliability of this measure and implications to patient care.
• Apply understanding of the role of the scapula in shoulder function to enhance diagnosis and treatment of shoulder dysfunction.
• Recognize different techniques and surgical procedures in rotator cuff repair and resulting implications to recovery management and rehabilitation.
• Appraise and apply appropriate rehabilitation strategies for the S.I.C.K. scapula.