Professor of Dermatology and Medicine
Emeritus Director, American Board of Dermatology
Past president of the Medical Dermatology Society
Her major clinical interests are cutaneous lupus and neonatal lupus.
Her research focus has been autoimmunity particularly lupus-related autoimmune responses.
1. Lee LA, Werth VP: The skin and rheumatic diseases. In Kelley’s Textbook of Rheumatology. GS Firestein, RC Budd, ED Harris, Jr., IB McInnes, S Ruddy, JS Sergent, eds. 8th ed. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia. 2009. Pp 685-702.
2. Lee LA: Cutaneous lupus in infancy and childhood. Lupus. In press, 2010.
3. Izmirly PM, Llanos C, Lee LA, Askanase A, Kim MY, Buyon JP. Importance of cutaneous manifestations of neonatal lupus as a risk factor for subsequent congenital heart block. Arthritis Rheum 62:1153-1157, 2010.
4. Lee LA, Werth VP: Lupus erythematosus. In Dermatology. JL Bolognia, JL Jorizzo, JV Schaffer, eds. 3rd ed. Elsevier Ltd. London. In press, 2010.
5. Lee LA: Humoral immunity and complement. In Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine. LA Goldsmith, SI Katz, B Gilchrest, AS Paller, DJ Leffell, K Wolff, eds. 8th ed. McGraw-Hill. New York. In press, 2010.