- Acquire or further develop an effective skill set to work in a team environment to provide optimal patient care in critical situations.
- Develop and improve communication skills in complex clinical situations, including hemodynamic disturbances, as well as rare life-threatening events.
- Define personal leadership techniques and style for effective situational awareness, assertiveness, and decision making in critical, life-threatening patient care situations.
- Describe personal areas of practice improvement that will directly impact patient care in the perioperative period as a result of participation in this simulation experience.
- Develop and hone skills as an integral leader of the healthcare team and improve the culture of patient safety in your practice area and hospital overall.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.