A major goal of the small animal imaging program is establishment of novel imaging approaches to cancer and cancer experimental therapeutics using animal models and pharmacodynamic endpoints. State-of-the-art imaging facilities are extremely expensive and require advanced technical personnel.
Our facility is fully equipped for magnetic resonance imaging and proton spectroscopy (MRI/ MRS) studies on small animals. All 18FDG-PET and microCT protocols are available.
- Small Animal Bruker 4.7 Tesla MRI scanner
- Siemens Inveon microCT scanner, used mostly for bone scans and lung tumors. Spatial resolution up to 50 microns.
- Siemens Inveon microPET scanner (field of view 12 cm allowing for one-bed position for the whole-body mouse scan)
- Three volume transmitter/ receiver coils of different diameters (from 22 to 68 mm diameters)
- Bruker computer platform is equipped with a high-performance MR-workstation X2000 for use with Bruker MR software (NMR SUITE and PARAVISIONTM 3.0). The PC is configured with Intel Pentium 1.5 Hz, 1 Gbyte RAM, SCSI Controller Adaptec 29160, 73 GByte Disk, Red Hat LINUX, 20” TFT LCD monitor with graphics resolution of 12801024, HP printer, Ethernet card etc.
- For CT, a high speed imaging processor (COBRA) is available.
- Anesthesia machines, physiological monitoring system, warming pads and fans, as well as other additional accessories are available in the animal preparation room.