The CU Cancer Center provides research funding for the recruitment and retention of faculty whose presence enhances the strategic priorities of the Center. Requests for such support will be evaluated based upon the following policies:
1. Funds will generally be approved for a limited period of time (maximum up to 3 years), though strongly justified exceptions may be considered.
2. Funds will be provided to support the candidate’s cancer research activities only (which must be clearly defined in the request), and may not be used for salary support.
3. The host department must provide a level of research support to the candidate that is at least equal to the amount requested from the Cancer Center. Those departments providing research funds in excess to the amount requested from the Cancer Center will receive the most favorable consideration.
4. Candidates whom the Cancer Center agrees to support must apply for Cancer Center membership prior to the receipt of funds.
5. Funding is contingent upon the candidate’s fulfilling the terms under which the request was granted, i.e. the terms outlined in the funds-request template. Candidate must present a yearly progress report that will justify continued funding according to the initially approved package.
Procedures for Requesting Funds:
1. Requestors must submit the attached template, or a summary covering all informational items, with the candidate’s current CV, to Stephanie Farmer, Associate Director for Administration and Finance, email: Stephanie.Farmer@cuanschutz.edu
2. All requests will be initially reviewed by the Cancer Center Executive Committee and, if deemed competitive, forwarded to the Cancer Center Governance Committee for final review and approval.
3. After final Governance Committee review, the requestor will receive an email notification from the Cancer Center Associate Director for Administration and Finance regarding final decision and any specific conditions or terms associated with the decision.