Applications will be available Nov. 23rd and are due on Feb. 1 for the Summer 2016 program.
Fellowship are open to:
- Incoming college freshmen (who are seniors in high school when they apply, and will be 18 years old by May 31, 2016)
- College undergraduates (including seniors in college)
- Minority students are encouraged to apply
- We are unable to take foreign students without a student visa at this time
What to know about the Cancer Research Summer Fellowship:
- CU Cancer Center Fellows work full-time for ten weeks during the summer from May 31 - August 4, 2016.
- Fellows may not combine their research work with other significant work commitments or daytime class work.
- Fellow are paid stipends based on a weekly rate determined by their academic level at the time of application. The rate is subject to change.
- Stipends are paid in two installments of 50 percent through direct deposit as fellows complete their program requirements.
- Housing is not included in the fellowship. Fellows are required to find and pay for their own living arrangements for the duration of the program. Please view www.rotatingroom.com for a list of housing possibilities. A Facebook page of admitted students will be set up in the Spring. You may also find a roommate there.
- Fellows must commit to completing program requirements, including attending orientation and weekly lectures and events; writing a goals and objectives report, and presenting a final poster at the poster session. Students who cannot attend the poster session are required to write a final paper.
Approximate stipend amounts for 10-week fellowships in 2016 are listed below:
- High school students (we are accepting 3 high school students in 2016): $2,000
- College undergraduates: $3,000