John Tentler, PhD, Director & Jill Penafiel, Education Mgr.
Fellowship are open to:
- Incoming college freshmen (who are seniors in high school when they apply, and will be 18 years old by May 29, 2018)
- College undergraduates (including seniors in college)
- If you are a college senior, you are welcome to apply
- Minority students are encouraged to apply
- We are unable to take foreign students without a US student visa at this time
What to know about the Cancer Research Summer Fellowship:
- CU Cancer Center Fellows work full-time for approximately ten weeks during the summer from May 29 - August 3, 2018.
- Fellows may not combine their research work with other significant work commitments or daytime class work.
- Fellow are paid stipends based on their academic level at the time of application. The rate is subject to change.
- Stipends are paid in two installments of 50 percent through direct deposit as fellows complete their program requirements.
- Housing is not included in the fellowship. Fellows are required to find and pay for their own living arrangements for the duration of the program. Please view www.rotatingroom.com for a list of housing possibilities. A Facebook page of admitted students will be set up in the Spring. You may also find a roommate there.
- Fellows must commit to completing program requirements, including attending orientation and weekly lectures and events; writing a goals and objectives report, and presenting a final poster at the poster session. Students who cannot attend the poster session are required to write a final paper.
Approximate stipend amounts for summer fellowships in 2018 are listed below:
- High school students (we are accepting 2-3 high school seniors in 2018): $2,000
- College undergraduates, MS1, and Graduate students: $3,000