CWHR Annual Community Luncheon
October 31, 2018
Moderated Discussion with
Laura W. Bush
First Lady of the United States (2001-2009)
Marjorie Jenkins, MN
Chief Scientific Officer
Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30
Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Seawell Ballroom
Interested in Sponsorship or Tickets?
If you are interested in sponsorships or individual tickets, please contact Nan Oudet at 303-724-9179.
Registration Information Coming Soon
About the Annual Luncheon
The Center for Women’s Health Research Annual Community Luncheon is our signature education and outreach event. Held each fall, this spectacular event brings hundreds of CWHR community supporters together. The event features prominent keynote speakers that are expert researchers and/or educators in women's health and study of sex differences. The event is chaired by a CWHR Advisory Board Member and is made possible by individual, corporate, and foundation sponsors whose generous support funds the programs and research at the Center.
Past Luncheon Keynote Speakers & Topics
- 2017 Annual Community Luncheon - C. Neill Epperson,
MD, Professor of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of
- 2016 Annual Community Luncheon - Dr. Larry Cahill - How
Sex Differences Influence the Brain and Body: An Issue Whose Time Has Come
- 2015 Annual Community Luncheon - JoAnn Manson, MD -
Research Regarding Controversies in the Prevention of Heart Disease
- 2014 Annual Community Luncheon - Noel Bairey Merz, MD,
Director of the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars Sinai
- 2013 Annual Community Luncheon - Dr.
Eve Van Cauter from the University of Chicago presented her seminal research
findings about the impact of sleep disturbances on women’s health
- 2012 Annual Community Luncheon - Alice Waters, chef, author, and proprietor of the world-famous Chez Panisse and a passionate advocate for a food economy that is "good, clean, and fair."
- 2011 Annual Community Luncheon - Live Well, Think Well, Do Well: Real Lessons from Real Life with Diabetes with keynote speaker Mother Love