The Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition has an opening for a 2 year Post Doctoral Research Training Position in our NIH funded T32 Pediatric Gastroenterology Training Grant starting July 1, 2011. Participation in this training grant will include mentored research training, educational activities and career development tailored to the applicant’s needs. Salary and benefits will be supplied by the training grant.
Candidates must have an MD, PhD or MD/PhD, or equivalent and must be a US citizen or permanent resident to qualify for this NIH funded training grant position
Research should focus in an area related to Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology or Nutrition with an established funded faculty mentor. All areas of research training and projects are open to consideration including basic, translational and clinical research related to the fields of pediatric GI, Hepatology or nutrition. Current post-doctoral fellows at UC Denver who have not been on a T32 training grant, who are committed to a career as an independently funded investigator, and who have a major scientific interest in research areas related to pediatric GI, Hepatology and nutrition will be considered. Faculty interests can be found on the Pediatrics Gastrenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition - Research web page. In addition, Fred Suchy, MD has also joined our Section recently; he investigates epigenetic regulation and co-activation of hepatocellular transport proteins. Ed DeZoeten MD, PhD joined our faculty last year and he studies epigenetic regulation of T regulatory cells and their role in inflammatory bowel disease. Both are NIH funded investigators.
Interested candidates should apply by email by deadline of April 30, 2011 to: Ronald J. Sokol MD at Sokol.email@example.com.
Applications should include:
- A letter of interest describing your qualifications for the position, your career plans, and an explanation of how your research interests match those of the pediatric GI/Hepatology faculty or the field of pediatric GI, Hepatology or Nutrition
- A letter of support from your mentor
- An NIH Biosketch for you
- A brief (2-3 page) summary of your proposed research training and research project including:
- Your name and contact information
- Title of Research Project
- Your Mentor’s name and contact information
- Specific Aims
- Approach (including relevant background)
- Expected results
- Additional training/course work that you are interested in.
Questions should be addressed to Ronald J. Sokol, MD, T32 Principal Investigator at Sokol.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 720-777-6669.