Become a More Effective Institutional Leader
For AAMC Women Liaison Officers
- Speak with your medical school dean or hospital CEO to designate at least two WLOs to serve as official liaisons to AAMC and share relevant information and resources. Inform AAMC when transitions occur.
- Attend AAMC Annual Meeting sessions.
- Meet with your Dean and Department Chairs annually to understand the institutional agenda. Explore collaborative opportunities.
- Know your institutional data on women and minorities. Help spearhead efforts to respond to the annual AAMC Women in U.S. Academic Medicine Statistics and Medical School Benchmarking Survey.
- Network and build inclusive communities by holding regularly scheduled meetings with other women leaders for information exchange and support.
- Collaborate with your Faculty Affairs Dean to: track exit interviews, review women and minority faculty data, and identify women leaders for faculty search committees.