Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs and Dean CU School of Medicine
- Board certified pediatrician; internationally renowned expert on child abuse and neglect; elected to the Institute of Medicine in 2005 Chair of Association of American Medical Colleges
- Boards of Directors: Princeton University, Hasbro Children’s Foundation, Denver Health Medical Center
- Dean of the School of Medicine since 1992 after serving as acting dean for 20 months.
- President of University Physicians, Inc. ($275 million budget)
Senior Associate Deans
Professor of Medicine, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Vice Chairman Department of Medicine
- Past president of the American Thyroid Association (1996-97) and past President of the Endocrine Society (2003-2004)
- Research involves thyrotropin, the major regulator of the thyroid gland. His laboratory utilizes state-of-the-art molecular techniques to understand the developmental and regulatory factors controlling the alpha and beta subunits of thyrotropin.
Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
- Board Certifications: American Board of Pediatrics; Subboard of Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine
- Areas of Special Interest: Medical Education, Quality Improvement, Patient Safety
- Teaching and Professional Positions: Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neonatology, CU School of Medicine
- Professional Memberships and Societies: American Academy of Pediatrics, American Pediatric Society, Society for Pediatric Research
- Honors, Awards, Chairs or Professional Activities: Joseph W. St. Geme Jr. Leadership Award, Federation of Pediatric Organizations; James E. Strain Award, The Children's Hospital Medical Staff; Chair Board of Directors, American Board of Pediatrics
Celia Kaye, MD, PhD
Senior Associate Dean for Education
- Pediatrician and geneticist with a long-standing interest in medical education and genetic services; joined the School of Medicine faculty in 2005.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a Founding Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics.
- Member of the American Pediatric Society, the Society for Pediatric Research, the American Society of Human Genetics and numerous other professional organizations in pediatrics and genetics.
- Serves on several advisory boards and committees for national organizations. She currently serves as Project Director of the Mountain States Genetics Regional Collaborative Center, a cooperative agreement with the Genetic Services Branch, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, the Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA).
Jane T. Schumaker
Senior Associate Dean for Administration and Finance, and Executive Director of University Physicians Inc.
- Member and past chair, Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Faculty Practice; Member of University Health Systems Consortium Group Practice Council and past member of UHC Governing Board; past chair of Academic Practice Assembly of Medical Group Management Association and past president of Administrators of Internal Medicine
- Former Associate Dean for Administration, University of Chicago, Biological Sciences Division & Pritzker School of Medicine
- Former Senior Associate Dean and Chief Executive Officer, Faculty Group Practice, University of Florida
- Former Chief Operating Officer, Faculty Practice, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Prior executive positions at University of Alabama Birmingham and University of Nebraska Medical Center
Business and Finance, Chief of Staff: Terri Carrothers
Child Health Associate - Physician Assistant Program: Jonathan Bowser (interim)
Colorado Area Health Education Center System: Jack Westfall, MD
Continuing Medical Education: Ronald Gibbs, MD
Denver Health: J. Chris Carey, MD
Diversity and Inclusion: Christine Nyquist MD, MSPH
Faculty Affairs: Steven Lowenstein, MD
Graduate Medical Education: Carol Rumack, MD
Medical Student Affairs: Maureen Garrity, PhD
National Jewish Health: Gregory Downey, MD
Physical Therapy Program: Margaret Schenkman, PhD
Research Affairs: John Moorhead, PhD
Research Development: Richard Johnston, MD
Student Advocacy: John Repine, MD
The Children's Hospital: Joan Bothner, MD
UPI/Affiliated Hospital Relations: Christiane Finlayson, MD
Veterans Administration Medical Center: Ellen Mangione, MD