Before sending in your application, please make sure all documents listed below are included. Failure to provide the application with required documents before the deadline will result in application not being reviewed and no refund of the application fee will be made. Please submit all of the following documents in order and packaged in one envelope (no extra individual or sealed envelopes).
• COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM (Signed and Dated) (click ISP PAPER APPLICATION SET ADMISSION 2015 rev. 8.14.docx to print the application)
Please clearly print or type.
• PERSONAL STATEMENT
• DENTAL EXPERIENCE
- This may be in the form of an essay, resume, or curriculum vitae.
- Please be sure to include name, email, and phone number on your dental experience.
• OFFICIAL COURSE-BY-COURSE EVALUATIONS
- Official ECE (www.ece.org ) course-by-course evaluation. No actual college transcripts will be accepted. Please make sure the document submitted is labeled ‘Course-By-Course Evaluation’ and is issued from one of the three accreditors listed above.
- You must include any transcripts from any US institution or post-doctoral programs that you may have with your supplemental documents.
• DENTAL DEGREE
- School certified or notarized copy; if in a language other than English must be accompanied by a notarized translation from a bonafide U.S. translator. Please note that no provisional degrees are accepted.
• NATIONAL BOARD DENTAL EXAMINATION- PART I
- Original National Board Dental Examination Part I score report, does not need to be in a sealed envelope. There is no cut off score for NBDE PT I; only passing score is required. Part II is encouraged, however, is not required. If Part II has been taken, scores need to be submitted before the deadline to be considered as part of the application.
• TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL)
- Results of having successfully received a minimum score 94 on the internet-based version of the exam. Scores submitted at the time of application must be less than 2 years old from the date the exam was taken. All applicants MUST take TOEFL, regardless of residency status or educational background. You will need to submit TOEFL scores even if you are a US citizen/resident, hold any other type of U. S. degrees (BS, MS, MBA, PhD), or even if currently enrolled in a different institution. No other English skill exams may replace TOEFL.
• LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please submit 3 letters of recommendation that meet the following criteria:
· All letters must have a date that is less than 1 year old at the time of application
· All letters must be originals with dates, original signatures, and email address, phone number, and physical address of recommender.
· All letters must have letterhead from the business or institution from which it came.
· Letters should be in English, or translated to English by a bonafide U.S. translator.
· You may submit more than 3 letters, all the letters or recommendation will be reviewed however only the 3 most valuable will be taken into consideration.
Suggestions on recommendations and body of recommendation:
· Letters may come from dentists, non-dentists, deans, educators of various post-graduate programs that applicants may be enrolled in or have enrolled in, from current or past employers and charities volunteered for.
· The best letters are those that describe in-depth the applicant’s work ethic, personality, knowledge base, personal skills, clinical dental skills character and reliability.
· While it is important to have letters from your previous school, please note that those who are familiar with your work currently are also important.
· We want to know you in a well-rounded sense. When you are thinking letters, think about the different aspects that different recommenders could highlight about you.
• BOARD OF REGENTS QUESTIONAIRE (Click ISP BOARD OF REGENTS QUESTIONAIRE rev. 5.14.pdf for Regents Questionnaire)
- A signature from the applicant is required on this form attesting to any history of felony or misdemeanor convictions with explanations provided if needed. This signed form should be submitted directly to UCSODM
• APPLICATION FEE1
- A non-refundable application fee of $400 in the form of a cashier’s check or money order must be included with each application package. Please make checks payable to University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (UCSODM).