Department of Pediatric Dentistry
13123 E 16th Ave
Aurora, CO 80045
- DDS, University of Nebraska
- Fellowship in Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry and MS Degree, University of Iowa
- Residency in Orthodontics, University of Giessen (Germany)
- Doctoral Thesis, USA PhD equivalent, University of Giessen
- DMD, University of Giessen
Honors and Awards:
- Delta Dental of Colorado Endowed Chair in Pediatric Dentistry, July 2016
- Orthodontics Section Editor, Pediatric Dentistry (2015 - 2018)
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists (FACD), 2013
- Honorary Alumni Award, University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, 2009
- Member, Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, 2008
- Parent-to-Parent Organization: "Professionals Who Care" Award, 2008
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Children's Hospital Colorado
Klein U. Guest Editorial: Pediatric Dentistry Residency Programs in the U.S.: Is it Time to Abandon the Ostrich Principle and Start Rankings and Competition? Accepted August 2016 for publication in Pediatr Dent.
Klein U, Paimagham B, Blumhagen R, Kroehl M, Sain J. Pyramidal and Taurodont Molars and their Association with Other Tooth Anomalies. Accepted April 1, 2016 for publication in Pediatr Dent.
Klein U, Alford JA, Allshouse A, Sain J. Maxillary Nine-year Molars: Prevalence and Associated Dental and Medical Conditions. Pediatr Dent 2016;38(3):198-202. PMID: 27306243
Klein U, Managkil R, DeWitt P. Parents' Ability to Assess Dental Fear in Their Six- to 10-year-old Children. Pediatr Dent 2015;37(5):217-22. PMID: 26531086
Gandhi R, Klein U. Autism Spectrum Disorders: An Update on Oral Health Management. J Evid Base Dent Pract 2014 Jun; 14 Suppl:115-26. PMID:2492959
Klein U, Storey B, Hanson PD. Benefits of externships with pediatric dentistry programs for potential residents: program directors' and current residents' perceptions. J Dent Educ. 2014 Mar;78(3):473-80. PMID: 24609349
Klein U. Chapter 15: N2O/O2 Sedation in Pediatric Dentistry. In: Clark/Brunick: Handbook of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Sedation, 4th ed. 2014; Elsevier, St. Louis, MO.
Klein U, Kleier DJ. Sodium Hypochlorite Accident in a Pediatric Patient. Pediatr Dent 2013;35(7):456-60.
Klein U, Chapter 17: Oral Medicine and Dentistry; p 465-476, Current Diagnosis & Treatment Pediatrics, 21st ed. McGraw Hill Medical Textbook, 2012
Klein U, Facial Swelling and odontogenic Infections; pages 94-99, Berman's Pediatric Decision Making, 5th ed. Elsevier Mosby 2011
Greene AE, Roosevelt GE, Grubenhoff JA, Klein U. Little boy black and blue. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2011; 27 (8): 758-9. PMID: 21822090
Khaled J, Klein U, Meinke D. Assessment of Noise Exposures in a Pediatric Dentistry Clinic. Pediatr Dent. 2011; 33: 342-7. PMID 21903003
Klein U, Robinson TJ, Allshouse A. End-Expired Nitrous Oxide Concentrations Compared to Flowmeter Settings During Operative Dental Treatment in Children. Pediatr Dent. 2011 Jan-Feb;33(1):56-62. PMID 21406149
Klein U, Hunzeker C, Hutfless S, Galloway A. Quality of anesthesia for the primary anterior maxillary segment in pediatric patients: Comparison of the P-ASA nerve block using the CompuMedTM delivery system with traditional supraperiosteal injections. J Dent Child 2005; 72:119-25. PMID 16568918