The University of
Colorado School of Dental Medicine (CUSDM), a collaborative partner on the
Anschutz Medical Campus, is a diverse teaching, clinical care and research
community that innovates, creates and engages for the health of local and
Statement of Vision
By 2020, CUSDM will be recognized for the quality health workforce it prepares, the discoveries it makes, and the patient care and community engagement performed that enhances the health and wellness of Colorado and the world.
Strategic Goals (2012-2017)
- Student Success - The School of Dental Medicine will provide contemporary educational programs that prepare general dentists and dental specialists with the knowledge, skills and values to practice dentistry as critical thinkers and lifelong learners, dedicated to fulfilling the public's trust.
- Collaborative Research - The School of Dental Medicine will increase research activities to contribute to the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge for society's benefit and to be consistent with the mission of the University of Colorado.
- Transformative Clinical Care - The School of Dental Medicine's patient care programs will provide quality, comprehensive oral health care with a focus on prevention, and serve as a clinical educational resource for dental, post-doctoral students and residents.
- Community Engagement - The School of Dental Medicine will provide oral health to underserved populations in our communities, and provide programs to benefit our alumni and other members of the dental profession in Colorado and nationwide.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Humanism - The School's education, research and patient care programs will foster a culture of inclusion where diversity and difference are celebrated and a supportive environment for all students, faculty and staff exists.
- Resource Management - The School will ensure the appropriate utilization of resources while complying with federal, state and University regulations.