PhD in Computer Science and Information Systems
First Year Reminders
- In the first year of the program, CS PhD students have the following responsibilities:
- Find a thesis advisor within the first semester of joining the CSIS PhD program.
- Maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA, or be put on probation. Failure to achieve the required GPA (within the allotted time, as specified in the rules) will result in dismissal from the CSIS program.
- All full-time CSIS students are required to submit their first year papers within the first 12 months after being admitted to the program.
- For part-time students, this requirement may be extended to the maximum of 24 months. Failure to submit the first year paper within that period will result in dismissal from the program.