The graduation process starts when you are admitted. Advisors support you during your career to help you get the most from your education.
Once you are admitted, you begin working toward your degree.
Start with advising
When you begin your BS in Business Administration you must have an advising session with one of our advisors. During the session you will go over your degree plan.
You will need to sign your degree plan with your advisor before mid-term of the first semester or you will not be allowed to register for the next semester until after you do.
Get an update on your progress
During your junior year, our advising office audits your progress and sends you a letter explaining what courses you must still satisfy to graduate.
However, we would be happy to talk to about your progress at any time, just make an appointment.
A candidacy form from the Business School will be sent with your letter. If you need a new one, ask your advisor.
Applying to graduate is easy.
It is a two step process:
- First apply for your diploma graduation through the University registrar's office for your diploma card. Fill out the diploma form online.
- Print the final page of your candidacy form and attach it to your application for graduation from the Business School.
- Second, submit your application for graduation (candidacy form) and your diploma form to your Business School advisor.
- This begins the process of early checkout and we then make verify you are on track for graduation.
- It is important you complete this process by the deadlines below.
If you do not successfully apply to graduation through the SMART system and through the Business School before the beginning of your last semester, you will not be allowed to graduate.
Final degree check
Once you have applied for graduation, your advisor will make a final degree check and send you a letter detailing your graduation information.
To graduate you must complete the application process (both parts) by
- April 1, for December graduation
- November 15, for May graduation
- April 1 for August graduation
If you would like to walk in commencement, and we hope you do, you must register and be fitted for a cap and gown.
Call or email Jamie Esparza with any questions you may have. 303-315-8104.