The downtown campus of the University of Colorado Denver participates in a campus-wide Early Alert program to identify undergraduate students needing assistance from academic and student service offices. Providing assistance early in the semester is very important to student success in their baccalaureate program.
The Early Alert program is designed for faculty to identify students in the 5th-6th week of the semester who need assistance because of academic performance, class participation, and/or behavior issues. Assistance is provided to students identified by faculty through academic advising and through referrals to appropriate UCD student service offices.
Goals of the program
Goals of the Early Alert program are to:
- Increase student academic success
- Improve student persistence and graduation rates
- Increase communication between students and faculty
- Increase communication between students and academic advisors
- Increase student utilization of student service offices
For questions about early alert, please contact Marlena Morales.